When is an overnight stay NOT an overnight stay?

devonuk

23 hours ago, Goosebear Mum said:

Interesting, as dictionary definitions would not agree with p&o’s definition! 

Perhaps P&O don’t have access to a dictionary, perhaps 🧑‍🎄 will get them one for Christmas . 😂😂

Edited by Snow Hill

13 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Perhaps P&O don’t have access to a dictionary, perhaps 🧑‍🎄 will get them one for Christmas . 😂😂

It really is a ridiculous situation and no wonder so many get caught out 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, devonuk said:

It really is a ridiculous situation and no wonder so many get caught out 🤷‍♂️

You could of course challenge them contractually, given the difference between the accepted meaning of the word overnight and the P&O interpretation. And you might well succeed, depending on how far you’re prepared to push it - though I doubt it’s worth the bother for the relatively small amount at stake. On past form, P&O would refuse absolutely to budge until it’s clear you’re prepared to take it as far as a court hearing, and then offer to settle with a non-disclosure agreement.

9 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

You could of course challenge them contractually, given the difference between the accepted meaning of the word overnight and the P&O interpretation. And you might well succeed, depending on how far you’re prepared to push it - though I doubt it’s worth the bother for the relatively small amount at stake. On past form, P&O would refuse absolutely to budge until it’s clear you’re prepared to take it as far as a court hearing, and then offer to settle with a non-disclosure agreement.

I did this with a well known low cost airline who finally settled prior to Court, but because of the NDA I can’t tell you 😂

11 minutes ago, devonuk said:

I did this with a well known low cost airline who finally settled prior to Court, but because of the NDA I can’t tell you 😂

You’ll find a number here who have settled with P&O on a NDA basis. Obviously, nobody will be able to disclose that fact though one individual is happy to do so because, P&O being P&O, they’re not very good at getting the wording right!

• Like 4

On 12/10/2023 at 9:41 PM, yorkshirephil said:

I find this site is better for actual times, strangely our Iona cruise for 2025 is not there yet mine for 2026 on Aurora is

Screenshot 2023-12-10 21.39.11.png

Which site is this please as I’m looking to narrow down the times for the Aurora on the 1st Dec 2025 trip to Norway and all I can find is the attached. 

IMG_1681.png