Transatlantic ESTA advice

Cruisingfan567

Hi everyone, My mum (UK passport) Is sailing on Ventura in Feb 24 for the transatlantic cruise stopping at Spain, Bermuda and then hitting a couple of US ports where she has tours, after that back on board the cruise to Mexico.  Its all very exiting but we dont know what to do for the ESTA. P&O not sure either. 

When applying is she transiting? Or do we have to select the other option and put an arrival date of the first port.  How can I cope with a cruise if she is staying on the ship. Do we have to enter each port call day?  Any advice would be appreciated

5 minutes ago, Cruisingfan567 said:

Hi everyone, My mum (UK passport) Is sailing on Ventura in Feb 24 for the transatlantic cruise stopping at Spain, Bermuda and then hitting a couple of US ports where she has tours, after that back on board the cruise to Mexico.  Its all very exiting but we dont know what to do for the ESTA. P&O not sure either. 

When applying is she transiting? Or do we have to select the other option and put an arrival date of the first port.  How can I cope with a cruise if she is staying on the ship. Do we have to enter each port call day?  Any advice would be appreciated

I have always put the arrival date of the first US port where you would pass through customs, I have used the address of the port when completing the esta, sometimes you can just use the drop down boxes.

Note that the ESTA is valid for multiple trips over 2 years (or until your passport expires if earlier) and you only give details for the first visit.
P&O recommend that you take a printed version of the approved ESTA as confirmation.
And finally make sure you apply via the official site at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov 
It should cost you 21 US Dollar - there are other sites out there that try and charge more.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2023 at 7:41 PM, AlanCruise said:

Note that the ESTA is valid for multiple trips over 2 years (or until your passport expires if earlier) and you only give details for the first visit.
P&O recommend that you take a printed version of the approved ESTA as confirmation.
And finally make sure you apply via the official site at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov 
It should cost you 21 US Dollar - there are other sites out there that try and charge more.

If you have an existing ESTA from a previous trip to USA you can amend the address for your arrival in USA.  Just log in to your ESTA account.

As indicated ESTA valid for 2 years as long as you retain same passport.  

Once you have a valid Esta I would leave well alone. It doesn’t matter where you put as your first entry to the US, put the port or the first hotel. An Esta can be used many times during its validity That website is too temperamental to risk changing something when you don’t need to. 

12 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

Once you have a valid Esta I would leave well alone. It doesn’t matter where you put as your first entry to the US, put the port or the first hotel. An Esta can be used many times during its validity That website is too temperamental to risk changing something when you don’t need to. 

That is my take on it as I have never gone back and changed anything regardless of the port we have subsequently docked at.