Just off Carnival Liberty - The Good, the Bad, and the Wait, What...?

ch27088

Hi everyone:

My honey and I just got off the Carnival Liberty (Port Canaveral) last Friday, so it's time to do a review.  My reviews are usually broken up in three parts:  Pre-Cruise, the Cruise, and Post-Cruise.  I have a few pictures, not as many as I thought I would take, but I hope you will follow along and feel free to ask questions.

Here we go...

This cruise was book in 2020, but due to the COVID pandemic, it was pushed off for a few years.  I finally told Mr. Honey (my guy) that if we don't take this cruise, we may end up losing money, so it's time to schedule and go.  The Carnival Liberty is out of Port Canaveral, so I booked the cruise for November 27th - December 1st.  When our DIL heard about us going on vacation, then she decided to book her family on the same cruise, all seven of them!!

Pre-Cruise:

Saturday, November 25th:

Our travel day finally arrived, and we were up at 2:30 am loading the truck (driving from Baton Rouge, LA to Port Canaveral, FL).  We got loaded up and was on our way at 3:43 am.  Let me tell you, riding with Mr. Honey is an experience.  He use to drive big rigs, 30 years ago, and I trust his driving, but this guy can drive FAST.  We took I-10E and drove through Biloxi, MS where I was stationed (Keesler AFB) over 40 years ago.  It was nice to see how much Biloxi has grown.  Now I have been all over the country, but I have never been to the pan handle of Florida.  I did switch up with Mr. Honey and drove for a while, but he said that the way I was driving we would still be traveling to the Port.  Now I am a safe driver.  Never had a ticket or accident (knock on wood), and I have been known to get the car up to 75.  I'm cautious because I have seen how people in Louisiana and Florida drive, plus I'm originally from California, so I am always looking out for the other guy!  Any way, Mr. honey  took over again, and we made it to his hometown of Bradenton, FL.  This was unexpected since we didn't have a reservation to stay in Bradenton, so I had to get out my trusty phone and make a reservation.  We found a Holiday Inn Express and checked in for the night.  However, I have one complaint.  I asked for the military rate, and it was $287 per night!!!  When I asked for the senior/AAA rate, it was $151.  Wow, what a difference in price, right?  Yup, I took the senior/AAA rate and went to our room. 

20231125_163540.jpg

Edited by ch27088
  • Like 5

Looking forward to your review!  I spent quite a bit of time during my military career at Keesler AFB going to tech schools.  Biloxi has changed so much over the decades.  Of course, Katrina made the most impact.  It is nice to see how the city has come back.  Lol, driving down I-10 is not for the faint of heart.  I think I would take rather I-75 or I-95!