Cruise director Amanda leaving Azamara

travelberlin

Unfortunately Amanda Poulson is leaving Azamara. Below the information provided by Azamara.

„After nearly a decade of creating unforgettable moments at Azamara, it's time to bid farewell to our amazing Cruise Director, Amanda Poulson. Amanda's incredible voice and positive spirit have left a lasting impact on both guests and colleagues.
Her talent enhanced every journey, and among many things, we'll miss her infectious smile and being serenaded from the open deck as guest returned from their AzAmazing Evenings. Thank you, Amanda, for making every voyage special!
As she sets sail for new horizons, we express our gratitude for the joy she brought to every sailing. She'll always be a cherished part of the Azamara family. Join us in wishing Amanda a future filled with success and happiness“
  • Like 1

As Tgg says the LinkedIn message leads you to believe for now it’s a life away from sea she seeks. Given that Explora has proved not to be a good fit for one former Azamara Cruise Director I’m thinking that’s not where she might head. It’s a very different entertainment culture and also future cruise sales seems to be staffed by marketing professionals so not sure what her husband would do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

As Tgg says the LinkedIn message leads you to believe for now it’s a life away from sea she seeks. Given that Explora has proved not to be a good fit for one former Azamara Cruise Director I’m thinking that’s not where she might head. It’s a very different entertainment culture and also future cruise sales seems to be staffed by marketing professionals so not sure what her husband would do

Who was the ex cruise director from Azamara who went to Explora? First I have thought you were talking about Heike. But she was hotel director not cruise director.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

55 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Who was the ex cruise director from Azamara who went to Explora? First I have thought you were talking about Heike. But she was hotel director not cruise director.

Ivi

Tanya Roberts- she wanted to continue to be an entertainer whereas the Explora role is called Entertainment Manager (so not doing shows) but managing the entertainment delivery 

• Thanks 1