Corkage Fee Question

blacklab16

The HAL alcohol policy states that "Guests may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle".   The menu for Rudi's states that "a $20 corkage fee applies to all wines consumed which are not a part of the HAL selection". 

Are there actually two corkage fees for a bottle brought on board, or does the initial fee also cover the one for Rudi's?

They normally give you a sticker or something similar to put on the bottle of wine when you pay the corkage.  You won’t be charged in any restaurant with it.

@kirkc nice you didn’t get charged.  👍. Somehow I have never escaped the charging of the corkage fee 😉 

A couple of times we’ve brought a bottle or two in our roll-aboard for our stateroom and no one was charging corkage at embarkation. We once brought a bottle to dinner in Club Orange, and the steward brought glasses and poured it, again, with no corkage charge.

But obviously, mileage may vary.

9 hours ago, kirkc said:

I thought it might be tied to having a Neptune Suite. I’m usually not that lucky.😉

Definitely not because of the Neptune Suite.  I was in one when we were charged 😉 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 6:45 AM, Caribbean Chris said:

A couple of times we’ve brought a bottle or two in our roll-aboard for our stateroom and no one was charging corkage at embarkation. We once brought a bottle to dinner in Club Orange, and the steward brought glasses and poured it, again, with no corkage charge.

But obviously, mileage may vary.

My experience aligns with this, whether in a Neptune Suite or not (fully aware Neptune has zero to do w/corkage fee, but mention since it'smentionedin this thread). Always bring the bottles in carry-on through the scanner and prepared to pay, but never have. Have shown up to dinner w/a bottle, been brought glasses and never been charged corkage.