Website shows no availability for dozens of voyages

david,Mississauga

Is it just me or have others noticed in the past few days there is nothing available for every voyage I look at?  Either all categories are marked sold out or there is nothing showing under the heading of "accommodations."  I know at least some of these cruises are not sold out because just a few days ago some of them had ample accommodation available.  

I always book through my travel agent and I don't need anything urgently, but I do a lot research and am just curious.  I have tried three browsers and have cleared all cookies on one of them.

Just now, david,Mississauga said:

Is it just me or have others noticed in the past few days there is nothing available for dozens of voyages - every voyage I look at?  Either all categories are marked sold out or there is nothing showing under the heading of "accommodations."  I know at least some of these cruises are not sold out because just a few days ago some of them had ample accommodation available.  

I always book through my travel agent and I don't need anything urgently, but I do a lot research and am just curious.  I have tried three browsers and have cleared all cookies on one of them.

Looks to me like this could be an issue with the Cunard website for Canada. I'm not seeing this issue on the Cunard US website. But when I use a VPN to pretend I'm in Canada, I'm seeing exactly the issue you are describing, @david,Mississauga. Every voyage I look at on the Cunard Canada website either lists each category of accommodation as "Sold out" or doesn't list any of the accommodation categories at all.

• Like 1

I'm also in Canada and the website is showing sold out for the various trips I've been looking at. When I called in, Cunard said that there was indeed availability and mentioned that there are some new changes to Cunardcare for Canadian customers - not sure if that's the reason for the website glitch. I wasn't interested in Cunardcare and don't know what the differences are. I hope they fix the website soon.

I believe the Black Friday sale is over.  Other Canadians are having the same issue. Perhaps Cunard is revising the fares which are in Canadian $. I hope they are not going up too much. Maybe they will come down, says the optimist in me. They vary according to category of accommodation.  From my experience in making comparisons there is no consistency. The surcharge for Can. $ can be  between 10% and 40%.

An e-mail to Cunard about the situation resulted in the usual non-answer which I have come to expect from the California office.  The anonymous person who replied had looked at a random voyage and said it showed pricing and availability.  Perhaps that person didn't read my comment that this was an issue with the Canadian $ version, although surely it was  known that Valencia is not in Canada.  

Oh well, these glitches eventually get corrected.