itinerary change effect on ship excursions

Gawker

I received an email from Holland that they have changed the itinerary for our upcoming cruise, Buenos Aires to Santiago on the Oosterdam Jan 29-Feb 20. We will skip one port early in the cruise and subsequent ports have been moved back one day. There is no information on the website regarding our booked ship's excursions except that one missed port will be refunded, and that more information will be upcoming in two weeks.  I was able to change our private excursions to the new dates, but I am concerned about the ship's excursions I booked.  How likely is it that Holland will simply move our excursion reservations to the new dates, or should I try to find more private excursions?  Most of these ports are small, and have limited tour operators.

27 minutes ago, Gawker said:

I received an email from Holland that they have changed the itinerary for our upcoming cruise, Buenos Aires to Santiago on the Oosterdam Jan 29-Feb 20. We will skip one port early in the cruise and subsequent ports have been moved back one day. There is no information on the website regarding our booked ship's excursions except that one missed port will be refunded, and that more information will be upcoming in two weeks.  I was able to change our private excursions to the new dates, but I am concerned about the ship's excursions I booked.  How likely is it that Holland will simply move our excursion reservations to the new dates, or should I try to find more private excursions?  Most of these ports are small, and have limited tour operators.

HAL needs to contact their tour providers, verify they are available on the new dates and make the arrangements official. It make take a bit to work it out but they will change you over to the new tours when the arrangements are in place.

What port was dropped? Did they put in a new port or a sea day?

• Like 2

@GawkerI am on the same cruise.  It was a PIA to contact and rebook our private excursions.  Fortunately the tour companies were able to accommodate us. I know this was not the case for several on our RC.  My two HAL excursion still show up but of course they are on the wrong date by one day.  I am hopeful that they will be moved to the correct date and that we will hear something before 12/20 (two weeks).

@Sea42 We were notified on 12/6 that Punta Del Estes (should have been our 2nd port) was being dropped and Castro, Isla Chiloe (will now be 2nd to last port) was being added.  

Edited by 0106
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 0106 said:

We were notified that n 12/6 that Punta Del Estes (should have been our 2nd port) was being dropped and Castro, Isla Chiloe (will now be 2nd to last port) was being added.  

Interesting, thanks.

36 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

HAL needs to contact their tour providers, verify they are available on the new dates and make the arrangements official. It make take a bit to work it out but they will change you over to the new tours when the arrangements are in place.

What port was dropped? Did they put in a new port or a sea day?

Sea42, they dropped Puerto Madryn, Argentina early in the cruise and added Castro, Isla Chiloe, Chile towards the end of the cruise.  Thank you for the reply.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@Gawker I have attached our updated itinerary below.  As I stated, Punta del Estes has been dropped.  We are still visiting Puerto Madryn.IMG_8684.thumb.jpeg.b286d366fbc68eacbe191ab071c21bdc.jpegIMG_8685.jpeg.a8d84d1c52df015a78316b3c04034664.jpeg

could you please send the pdf to me so I can update the Daily file please. screen name at gmail dot com. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gawker said:

Sea42, they dropped Puerto Madryn, Argentina early in the cruise and added Castro, Isla Chiloe, Chile towards the end of the cruise.  Thank you for the reply.

Sea42, I am incorrect.  It was Punta del Estes that is dropped.

• Like 2

Once HAL is able to confirm w/local tour operators, they will automatically move excursions to the new date; sometimes that requires time changes. You will then be notified of the changes and they will (eventually) reflect in your online itinerary. 

You will have an option to cancel if you don't like the new times (if applicable), but that can be a short window if it's an early port (itinerary early, not time of day early) as the cancelation policy still applies.

• Like 1