When is spring break over?

bellazoemom

Spring Break typically runs one week from the participant's perspective. Never long enough. Look at it from any industry that gets an income from it, and it is more like a 6 week duration, starting last week in February to mid-April, depending on the school's schedule. I currently have 3 children in 3 different colleges and none have the same spring break. It is spread out over a 4 week period this time around.:D

I Think for most of the US spring break starts sometime in late Feb and goes until after Easter, or in some cases the middle of April. Booking a cruise in May or after would eliminate the spring break crowd. FOR SURE DON"T book before or After Easter if you don't want that crowd!!!!

I don't know why I can't paste a link in my reply, but I can't.

In the title is a link that shows how many will be on break, and when.

This link is a start but it only list about 10% of the colleges and universities in the US.

Spring break runs from about March first until about Easter. That is pretty true every year unless Easter is early and then Spring Break will last until about April 15th. The heaviest time for colleges is about now (mid March) the heaviest time for K-12 is the week before and the week after Easter. A good way to get a handle on it is check and see when Disney (Disney World not the cruise line) ups their rates and then lowers them back down. That is the spring break season, and they (Disney) adjust every year.

Archived