Do all TAs provide OBC?

natshala

19 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Thanks so much for the heads up about that particular promotion. Good to know before I call Viking . BTW, I still have great memories about our TA cruise on the Viking Sea over Easter . Merry Christmas to you and your husband 🎄

And Merry Christmas to you!  We’re on the same TA this March.  The promotion code is FV23.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PRH said:

Be aware that final payment for 2026 for that promotion is Nov 30, 2024!  We also discovered that you cannot change sailing date without cancellation and loss of your deposit.

We just booked under the Special Promo.  I saw the date and asked our TA to ask for 6 months prior.  As numerous folks have said many times, "It can't hurt to ask."  We asked and they said okay.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PRH said:

Be aware that final payment for 2026 for that promotion is Nov 30, 2024!  We also discovered that you cannot change sailing date without cancellation and loss of your deposit.

We used the promo for our 2026 cruise.  We booked with Viking and didn't have to ask for 6 months final payment -- and we also changed the date by 3 weeks after booking.

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2023 at 2:15 PM, Peregrina651 said:

We just booked under the Special Promo.  I saw the date and asked our TA to ask for 6 months prior.  As numerous folks have said many times, "It can't hurt to ask."  We asked and they said okay.  

Just heard from the Viking agent we booked for the Barcelona cruise that Viking is now doing final payment six months from sailing date. I had to speak with a supervisor when I wanted to change from 2025 to 2026 and was told my final payment would be November 2024. Now booked for 2026. 

• 1 month later...

I’m a newbie to Viking and am getting ready to book the Into the Midnight Sun 15 day cruise.  Am I reading the responses correctly that I can book first with Viking and then transfer to another TA? If yes, do I just talk to Viking and let them know who the new TA is?

Appreciate all the discussions. We typically have done much smaller ships (Star Clippers, Paul Gauguin, Windjammer) but were interested in the itinerary and included amenities with Viking.

1 hour ago, BoatingBuddy70 said:

I’m a newbie to Viking and am getting ready to book the Into the Midnight Sun 15 day cruise.  Am I reading the responses correctly that I can book first with Viking and then transfer to another TA? If yes, do I just talk to Viking and let them know who the new TA is?

Appreciate all the discussions. We typically have done much smaller ships (Star Clippers, Paul Gauguin, Windjammer) but were interested in the itinerary and included amenities with Viking.

Yes, we do this all the time.  We book directly with Viking and then have them transfer the booking to our TA.

I think what most people do is just contact your TA with the Viking booking number.  This way you can talk to your TA about the OBC or any benefits they offer for transferring the booking.

11 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

I think what most people do is just contact your TA with the Viking booking number.  This way you can talk to your TA about the OBC or any benefits they offer for transferring the booking.

That's one way of doing it. 

Viking has our TA's information on file and after we book they ask if we want it transferred to that particular TA.

We then follow up with our TA.