No HMC???

Musigurl

Can someone read between the lines and tell me what this really means? Just received an itinerary update (just days after making the final payment -- grrrr). The dates for some of the other ports have been switched, but no more HMC 😞  I've only been there once, years ago, but I specifically chose this itinerary because I've been wanting to go back. What the heck are "operational considerations"??? If they'd told us before the final payment, I'd have switched to a different week. However, I'm now locked in as I've booked flights and prepaid hotel. Sigh.

Please be advised that due to operational considerations, Nieuw Statendam will no longer call to Half Moon Cay, Bahamas on Monday, March 4, 2024, and will instead spend the day at sea.

• Like 1

Ports are never guaranteed......but...

When I took a look at the port schedule, it looks like the Nieuw Statendam was scheduled to be there w/the Carnival Sunshine. 

Holland America ships are never at HMC with a Carnival Ship...so I've been told....And in my opinion, you are much better off being at sea rather than on a small private island with a large Carnival ship. Nightmare scenario for a HAL passenger...in so many ways...LOL.

Enjoy the Nieuw Statendam...she's a beauty.

I'm sad the HAL ship was the one booted....after all, HAL bought the island back in the day....

.....from the port schedule......for 3/4:

4 March, 2024
Monday
Carnival Cruise Line Cruises cruise lineCarnival Sunshine 09:00 17:00
4 March, 2024
Monday
Holland America Cruises cruise linems Nieuw Statendam 10:00 18:00

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Ports are never guaranteed......but...

When I took a look at the port schedule, it looks like the Nieuw Statendam was scheduled to be there w/the Carnival Sunshine. 

Holland America ships are never at HMC with a Carnival Ship...so I've been told....And in my opinion, you are much better off being at sea rather than on a small private island with a large Carnival ship. Nightmare scenario for a HAL passenger...in so many ways...LOL.

Enjoy the Nieuw Statendam...she's a beauty.

I'm sad the HAL ship was the one booted....after all, HAL bought the island back in the day....

.....from the port schedule......for 3/4:

4 March, 2024
Monday
Carnival Cruise Line Cruises cruise lineCarnival Sunshine 09:00 17:00
4 March, 2024
Monday
Holland America Cruises cruise linems Nieuw Statendam 10:00 18:00

Too bad, but the Henry Hudson is no longer there.