6Th. Deck?

Tsunami74

On upcoming April's trans Atlantic cruise on the Grandeur, when we booked much of it was waitlisted, so we upgraded to a pent house (first time!) but the only available one was on deck 6.  

I especially enjoy sitting on the veranda watching the ocean.  However, someone said that the verandas on the lower decks are often unusable due to sea spray.

Has anyone been on deck six in any of the newer (Grandeur, Explorer, Splendor) ships?  Did you find that to be true?

That would be so disappointing

Just sailed on the Splendor in cabin 660. It was a great location on the back third of the ship. We had a very smooth ride even on the windy days. It was convenient to the rear stairs which afforded quick access to Coffee Connection and everything else on deck 5. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

1 hour ago, Tsunami74 said:

On upcoming April's trans Atlantic cruise on the Grandeur, when we booked much of it was waitlisted, so we upgraded to a pent house (first time!) but the only available one was on deck 6.  

I especially enjoy sitting on the veranda watching the ocean.  However, someone said that the verandas on the lower decks are often unusable due to sea spray.

Has anyone been on deck six in any of the newer (Grandeur, Explorer, Splendor) ships?  Did you find that to be true?

That would be so disappointing

Just off Grandeur in Cabins 608 and 662; did TA on Splendor in April 2023. Sat/slept on verandah almost every day that temperature would allow but wasn't out there during rough seas (we hit 3 significant storms). ps: Those usual big, blue, heavy wool blankets weren't available on Grandeur TA ("they haven't arrived yet"); weren't available on pool deck either I got 2 long velour "blankets" that were more like large towels!

8 hours ago, Tsunami74 said:

Thanks. Good info there. 

No one commented on a veranda problem there only tender winch noise.

Eagerly awaiting our Grandeur assignment for January...

On deck 4 on Azamara in September we had a room that, for all intents and purposes, seemed to perhaps be INSIDE the winch.  We did not sleep past 6am the entire cruise, I'm pretty sure 😞