Why is my NCL showing pricing in euros?

mertziek

11 minutes ago, mertziek said:

Tried to do a search to see if this was asked before no results.  So my NCL account is showing me pricing in euros.  Is there a way to change it to US$’s?  I’ve cleared my cache and still in euros.  TIA

If you’re currently on a cruise (which is the only time I’ve seen/heard of this), you’ll need a vpn. Otherwise, not sure.

Yes, if on a cruise, the website often reverts to a "local" NCL site and the only way around it is vpm.  I've had a few instances where it stayed on the foreign site after I returned home, as I recall I was able to edit the web address by manually deleting the references to site and language. So US would only be NCL.com. - for example, I sometimes get the Canadian site when I search for things, and the address includes /CA/EN/.  If I delete those, I'll get to the US site.

• Like 1

No not on VPN but back home recently back from a European/TA cruise so my iPad is confused with foreign sites.  Clearing cache did not help but I looked at the web address and see where if I change it to just NCL.com it corrects the problem.  I could not find a place to click on the currency icon but I often find my iPad is wonky that way.  Thanks for suggestions/help.

7 hours ago, Mike Senior said:

At the top of the webpage you should be able to click on the currency icon displayed and change it to your preferred one, it might also suggest redirecting you to your preferred country website

Not on the EU site. 

23 hours ago, mertziek said:

Tried to do a search to see if this was asked before no results.  So my NCL account is showing me pricing in euros.  Is there a way to change it to US$’s?  I’ve cleared my cache and still in euros.  TIA

New policy, cruises to Europe will be billed in Euros, and for your convenience there will be a small service fee to change dollars into Euros.

The currency changes on the NCL web sites involve a great deal more than just converting the prices via a simple button.  The consumer laws in the US are way different from those in the UK and Europe, so all sorts of things change, such as the way service charges have to be included in offers if the booking is a UK/Mainland Europe driven one and cancellation clauses are way different as well.  Plus the TORs are very different because of those differences as  well  Those changes mean that huge parts of the site have to be different if the cruise is being billed as being bought in the US/UK or Mainland Europe.  NCL have chosen to deal with it using top level geographic directors on their sites.  If you use ncl.com it will automatically direct further information to the site for where it thinks you are at.  Normally, even if you start at a non-US location to see what another location site looks like, it will still direct you back to what it thinks is your current location.  Clearly, some browsers can get confused and if you use a VPN, your request will cause auto-location web designs to assume that you are where your VPN server lives.  That is one of the reasons that NCL IT often gets things wrong on the sites when the management make big changes that seem like a good idea to them, but often make huge chunks of work for the techies to keep page inter-connections going to the right places. 

I hope that helps a bit.