Live from the NCL Viva

Jmustang67

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Jmustang67 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Just left San Juan over 2 hours late 

I was on the Norwegian Viva sailing out of Athens last September.  Loved the ship and the design concept of spreading the crowds on several decks rather than all concentrated on the 'Lido' deck. The food was a notch above my previous sailings on Norwegian. I'll be following in your footsteps (in your wake?) in a few weeks, sailing again on the Viva from San Juan. Best wishes.

The Haven is a different experience than other Breakaway and Breakaway Plus classes. The meals are the same menu as other ships and quality as well as service is great. Bars close too early throughout the ship 11:30 is too early. Haven restaurant was never overcrowded 

7 hours ago, Jmustang67 said:

Just off the ship I will post more information soon. Also Freestyle dallies. Best shore excursions IMHO Antigua Catamaran and lobster lunch and St Maarten horseback ride in the ocean 

image.thumb.jpeg.79e335b41f062e473837fde1a1ed5359.jpeg

Could you share who you did the horseback ride thru? Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Acruzaholic said:

Also going on Viva January 21, 2024-would also greatly appreciate it if you could post the dailies so we can also plan dining times  around activities/shows.  THANK YOU

Search this forum for my post of the dailies. I got 6 of 7 posted there. 

The horseback riding is at Seaside Nature Park though the ship photos by their photographer $40 per group we were 2 you can look at them before purchasing about a 1 hour ride. They have at least 20 horses take you in groups of about 8 or less. Several minutes in the ocean. The trails are rocky and go up and down and over 200 lbs they won’t let ride. There’s a pig peacocks chickens ducks and other fowl.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I will post the dallies shortly don’t know if I will have time before Christmas 

any questions I will answer if I can

We were on deck 15 port side aft noise from above from 6:30AM to 10:30PM every day, It did get quiet in the afternoon from 3 to maybe 6 but most days we were out so not sure. Beetlejuice was well done a little long though. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jmustang67 said:

The horseback riding is at Seaside Nature Park though the ship photos by their photographer $40 per group we were 2 you can look at them before purchasing about a 1 hour ride. They have at least 20 horses take you in groups of about 8 or less. Several minutes in the ocean. The trails are rocky and go up and down and over 200 lbs they won’t let ride. There’s a pig peacocks chickens ducks and other fowl.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thank you!!  I reached out to them directly to book a private ridd...hopefully they will have space with all the cruise ship passengers!  What did it cost on the ship? It is a $100 per person for a private ride....

image.thumb.png.1e147409d00b6889f79ba7ea0eda50b7.png
From the Meet and Mingle Sunday at Syd Norman’s. The ship’s officers were well represented 

Gingerbread House display in the Atrium 

image.thumb.jpeg.bbff6e7c3c6925ca45814357ac8374c7.jpeg

In St. Lucia we did the Between the Pitons Catamaran and beach below is what we saw from a great distance. I don’t recommend this excursion 

image.thumb.jpeg.89c679b7a3c3d6b754b19fae85cb79b7.jpeg

Edited by Jmustang67
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jmustang67 said:

In St. Lucia we did the Between the Pitons Catamaran and beach below is what we saw from a great distance. I don’t recommend this excursion 

image.thumb.jpeg.89c679b7a3c3d6b754b19fae85cb79b7.jpeg

This is really far away. We considered that a non-NCL excursion which offers transfer to sugar beach may be better; however, the seniors in my group do not want to spend time on the beach, so we also pick this excursion. I heard that when this excursion stopped on a beach for snorkelling, there are vendors pushing for selling things. What was your experience please? Were you able to see the Pirates of the Caribbean scene?