Live Neptune TA Dec.12 -23

mariners

I presumed that we would have to dock as they will need to transfer the passenger for medical care.  Our hearts, too, go out to the passenger (and those who the passenger is travelling with).  Wishing them all the best.

From looking at the port information, it appears that there is space for 8 ships, and there are 3 docks side by side that lead to the main terminal.  According to the port information, there will be at least two large ships in port, but only those two are listed on all the sites that I checked.  If this is the area where we are docked, and passengers are able to leave the ship, it appears that there is a lot of places that could be of interest right close to the port:  straw market, dining, drinks, shops, etc.  As well, according to some sites, music is played by live bands on Fridays and Saturdays.  The times were not listed.

I had started an update earlier today, but don't feel that this is the right time to post it so will wait for another day. 

We are still on schedule to arrive on time in Fort Lauderdale on the 23rd. 

That's a tough injury.  On the first half of the Ultimate WC, a fellow passenger broke his hip in the Star Theater in the vicinity of the Falkland Islands.  Was put ashore in Ushuaia for surgery.  Amazingly rejoined the ship in Peru and completed the voyage to LA.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2023 at 10:02 AM, mariners said:

Now, I still wouldn’t book this cabin, but that’s because there is a bright light that shines all night on the veranda, and it’s not one that can be turned off.  

Do you remember cabin#, we are in 6028 for our next cruise, but we can move if this one is noisy. 

sk99, I have no knowledge of any noise in 6028 as we have only sailed on one Viking Ocean cruise.  We were on the Neptune in cabin 6096 and, for us, that location is one we would not choose for future cruises.  We booked the cabin as a guarantee, and now realize that is not a great option for us.  I hope that someone who has stayed in the area of 6028 will provide you with information.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mariners said:

We were on the Neptune in cabin 6096 and, for us, that location is one we would not choose for future cruises.  We booked the cabin as a guarantee, and now realize that is not a great option for us.  

We stayed in 6090 once and I agree that the location is not great.  For us, the issue was the Aquavit overhang.  It definitely inhibited the ability to take photos.  

I think 6028 looks good!  All that is above you is the lanai which shouldn't be too noisy.  

Edited by millybess

10 minutes ago, millybess said:

We stayed in 6090 once and I agree that the location is not great.  For us, the issue was the Aquavit overhang.  It definitely inhibited the ability for taking photos.  

I think 6028 looks good!  All that is above you is the lanai which shouldn't be too noisy.  

Having recently been on Venus, I agree 100%.  We were booked in 6048(dv), but somehow got upgraded to 6080 (PV).   Since it was a northern lights trip, the coveted view is “up “ , but the overhang prevented that.   Despite the nice category upgrade, we both would have rathered the original cabin, with no overhang.

3 minutes ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

Having recently been on Venus, I agree 100%.  We were booked in 6048(dv), but somehow got upgraded to 6080 (PV).   Since it was a northern lights trip, the coveted view is “up “ , but the overhang prevented that.   Despite the nice category upgrade, we both would have rathered the original cabin, with no overhang.

We were on Viking Shores and Fjords.  The view was also "up" and the overhang definitely obscured much of the landscape.