A short review of the Sky Princess 12/9/23 sailing

NthernLgts

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for posting a review about your cruise! Sounds like you totally enjoyed it."

NthernLgts was awarded the badge 'Great Review' and 5 points.

Our cruise was on the 12/09/2023 Sky Princess sailing out of Fort Lauderdale to the Western Caribbean.  It was our second time on this cruise on this particular ship. Ports of call were Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

We were hit by the storm that affected the entire east coast. All in all, we had a really good cruise regardless, even though it was quite wet and the winds were strong. At times the winds were gale force according to the Captain. Seas were between 7 to 10 feet.

What made the cruise good despite the poor weather? Ship staff. I continue to be amazed at how well Princess staff does their job and do it with a smile (we actually got our 1st towel animal).  When the weather is bad, crew attitude makes a big difference.

I won’t go in detail on all of the ports, but suffice to say we love Cozumel (been there 5 times now), but we could pass on Belize.  Costa Maya and Roatan fall somewhere in between.

What worked onboard? Most everything. All in all the ship was in good shape and ran well, with one exception: The Medallion app (for ordering). The Internet speeds onboard are painfully slow, only 2 Mbps. Ordering anything by the app just didn’t go well for us this trip. We gave up after a couple days as ordered cocktails were never delivered. This was opposite from our experience on the Diamond last year where everything on the app performed generally well.

All in all this was still a good cruise. Attitude and patience do play a part, especially in bad weather. A strong stomach didn’t hurt either, especially on this trip.  The big thing here though really was the ship staff.  Bravo Princess, just keep working on the app performance (and please get rid of those d*mn paper straws).
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I couldn't agree with you more, the crew on the Sky made up for the lousy weather we had the entire trip.  Great crew on board.  

Thanks, and sorry to hear you had a bit of seasickness.  When we were at the Captain Circle party, one of the people sitting at our table had their husband tap out because he was in bed seasick too.

• Like 1

MY DH & I came to cruising a little late. We have our third Princess cruise coming up on 1/27 on Sky from Ft. Lauderdale.  We haven't yet become loyal to any cruise line that we've cruised (Princess, Holland, Regent, Celebrity. NCL)...but we've loved every cruise for different reasons.  Last Princess cruise 3/2023, we had wonderful service.. especially with Rocky and his team at Vines and in the main dining room. Our room steward was terrific.  I don't think service scores 100% all the time but that's unrealistic and I think our last cruise on Sky would earn way higher marks for service and hospitality than some recent land vacations.  I'm writing this attached to this review because I loved the OP attitude. Happy cruising!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were.on the Sky during that terrible weather, however we thoroughly enjoyed the food, our fantastic cabin with comfortable balcony and friendliness of the staff.  The Sun is now one of our favorite Princess ships.  I did happen to get sea sick and as we were staying  on the 17th deck forward I brought some Bonine for the trip, it happened to be our 70th cruise and never before experienced seasickness but it took care of my problem within in a few days. Love the Sky!

• Like 1