Hawaiian Holiday 🎄🍾 LIVE from Koningsdam Dec 21-Jan 6: join me for my 1st solo cruise & 1st inside cabin!

Haljo1935

1 minute ago, Destiny0315 said:

They are not much comfort I've heard. They always tend to talk back to their owner.

1 minute ago, Destiny0315 said:

They are not much comfort I've heard. They always tend to talk back to their owner.

Quite as often as a surly teenager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Haijo? Other than the dogs, how is the ship?  How is the food? photos?? It has been almost 6 years since i was last on the Koningsdam and we will be on it again Feb. 17 for 35 days, so we are VERY interested! We loved it back in 2018!

Edited by SonuvaBeach
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, carol louise said:

There is a trip report on the Carnival board by a poster who traveled with her two grown sons, one of which has a service dog. She wondered about the dog in an emergency situation, only to find upon arrival in their cabin a dog-sized life jacket! (She realized that’s why the line had asked pre-cruise about the dog’s weight.) 

Yes, I have been following that thread. I do believe her sons dog IS a working service animal. And don't think it's barking in the hallways.

I smiled when she mentioned the life jacket for the dog 😊 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, notscb said:

Your post is giving r/thathappened energy. The first sentence (quoted above) is the appropriate response. The rest of it sounds like you'd be going out of your way to ruin your own cruise by targeting these other guests.

Not really. Passenger nob walks by yappy dog in tow...they get a snarky call out. Dog in dining room anywhere near me...there will be a scene. And the door knocking? If they're on the same deck as me, a knock on the door on the way to breakfast at 0700 hrs thanking them for bringing their yappy dogs and keeping me awake. If everyone on board treated these passengers like the arrogant nobs they are, perhaps they won't do that again. That being said there will inevitably be the clueless few who will coo and fawn over the puppies "oh aren't they cute", until the dog lays a loaf on the deck by their lounge chair or takes a leak on the stern view pool deck.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

there will be a scene

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

they get a snarky call out

this is exactly the r/thathappened energy i pointed out earlier.

All things you "might" do in the situation, but haven't done and are keyboard warrioring about when you would much more likely just go to guest services and complain like a rational person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Haijo? Other than the dogs, how is the ship?  How is the food? photos?? It has been almost 6 years since i was last on the Koningsdam and we will be on it again Feb. 17 for 35 days, so we are VERY interested! We loved it back in 2018!

Ship looks great, food is consistently good while service is a tad slow (MDR, late dining).

Here are a few random food pix; I will be posting more later along with the Dailies. 

20231223_224156.thumb.jpg.f5f3c73a47e0250358c7e194a8cf11da.jpg20231223_224207.thumb.jpg.d9d3d6f91762dab2d1d004b176e7cd5b.jpg20231223_150602.thumb.jpg.e3520d768953535a5f3f4fe27e05ddcf.jpg20231223_131146.thumb.jpg.3f452bf3e0b3dc367ddf57f16e4db18e.jpg20231222_090958.thumb.jpg.75f768bda239aa8c2c4afb71b9bdd453.jpg20231222_090947.thumb.jpg.fba7c44c86e432a6c8deb5d134857740.jpg20231221_195940.thumb.jpg.86e9d319837a9f8b6d34bbff132b1c38.jpg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Hogladyrider said:

While I am not on this cruise I sure can related to "yappy dogs"...our neighbors wakes us up every morning yapping at 6:30 am and carries on from there off and on all day long.  The worst part is they do nothing about it....sigh....

Sounds like my neighborhood  - maybe we're neighbors, lol. It is exhausting and I feel for the dogs.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm afraid I would be bringing this up with customer service, frankly I would escalate it to a meeting with the Hotel manager. I'm afraid I would also be knocking on the door of the offending cabin at random times day and night. I would also make a point of calling out the fact that pets are not acceptable in a dining room. It's just not on. It would by my mission to make the clueless pet owners feel like the knobs they are. I have extreme respect for actual service animals and welcome them everywhere. I don't buy the "emotional support" story line. If you need the "support" of your untrained critter then stay home. I respect you and all the other cruisers who love their pets but are aware that there is no place for them on a cruise ship.

I agree. We were on a Celebrity cruise actually trans-Atlantic a while back and there was a woman who had a happy little do who she wheeled around in a stroller dressed in different outfits every day. The dog went everywhere including the dining room and outdoor cafe. I do not want to see an animal seated beside me while I am eating. Case closed.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, notscb said:

I was honestly surprised by some of the photos. I had to do a double take that it was cruise food 😄

They're doing a great job - I'm excited to see the holiday meals.

The Daily breakfast specials in MDR have been really good.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Somehow I figured it out, lol. Please reward yourself w/an extra [insert favorite guilty pleasure here] 😉

I lost a pair yesterday at Costco while shopping so these are loaners. I gonna get a drink to two. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Following, you are inspiring me to do similar cruise during the holiday ne t year, like you I would be solo, celebrating with many many others, sounds like a pretty good way to spend the holiday. 
do you find there is enough to do to fill so many sea days. Looks like food would be a good portion of holiday celebration.  
keep on sending fun facts. 
tks diane

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris-n-Shawn said:

Thank you for taking us along and sharing your experiences @Haljo1935.

Question: if you find yourself on Deck 11/Sun Deck, would you please check if the aft is still closed to passengers?

Although we fully support having a space for the crew outside, we were hoping to make use of the Sun Bar (and could not when we were on the Kdam in April). HAL deck plan still shows it as a working bar…?

A very happy holiday to you!

I was up there the other day and the port side was closed for the crew's use.

• Like 3

Just now, LAFFNVEGAS said:

@Haljo1935  Is it possible that the dogs belong to an entertainer on board?  Throughout the years I have known of many of the entertainers that had dogs on board that were in their performance.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Mele Kalikimaka!! 

image.png.5c7ec1face4abe6a2b08467e80a5d833.png

Gut says no, but it's possible. I would hope an entertainer whose show included dogs would use ones that don't bark when around people or in noisy environments  - that would sure make for a different kind of show. Can you imagine when the audience claps? 🤔

• Like 8
  • Haha 1