Can I check-in on the Celebrity app?

Ensign Pulver

Long story, my upcoming Feb 11 Ascent reservation is linked with my brother in laws, as we wanted to ensure our dinner table reservations were together. When I login to the Celebrity site on my computer, I see both of our reservation numbers listed, but I can only access my brother in law’s cruise and flight information, the site says my reservation number has been locked. 
I have called Celebrity on three occasions, each time explaining the issue, referencing the open service ticket created on my initial call. I was assured the matter was being handled by I.T., and that I had to give it 5 days or so to be resolved. That was 2 weeks ago. I tried last night and the issue remains. I can’t continue waiting on hold for over an hour just to get a representative on the phone, only to get nothing accomplished. 
Soooooo, my question to the knowledgeable people here is, can I check in on my check in date on the phone app. If so, a little information on how to do that would be appreciated!  Is it an easy process? 
I want to hopefully get the earliest check in time on boarding day. Do I need to go on the app to check in a few minutes after midnight?!

Sorry for the long winded post, I appreciate any help I can get!!

I checked in on the app. You just need your passport handy to enter information. Takes just a few minutes. The question to me is would you be allowed to enter your account if it is “locked”?

Edited by peterde

10 minutes ago, peterde said:

I checked in on the app. You just need your passport handy to enter information. Takes just a few minutes. The question to me is would you be allowed to enter your account if it is “locked”?

I seem to be able to see my specialty dining and land tour reservations in the app, but of course that’s not an interactive aspect. I guess I will have to contact Celebrity customer service yet again to see if they can offer any assistance. 
Thanks Peter for your response!

2 hours ago, Ensign Pulver said:

Long story, my upcoming Feb 11 Ascent reservation is linked with my brother in laws, as we wanted to ensure our dinner table reservations were together. When I login to the Celebrity site on my computer, I see both of our reservation numbers listed, but I can only access my brother in law’s cruise and flight information, the site says my reservation number has been locked. 
I have called Celebrity on three occasions, each time explaining the issue, referencing the open service ticket created on my initial call. I was assured the matter was being handled by I.T., and that I had to give it 5 days or so to be resolved. That was 2 weeks ago. I tried last night and the issue remains. I can’t continue waiting on hold for over an hour just to get a representative on the phone, only to get nothing accomplished. 
Soooooo, my question to the knowledgeable people here is, can I check in on my check in date on the phone app. If so, a little information on how to do that would be appreciated!  Is it an easy process? 
I want to hopefully get the earliest check in time on boarding day. Do I need to go on the app to check in a few minutes after midnight?!

Sorry for the long winded post, I appreciate any help I can get!!

Yes you can. Go to your reservation in the app.  Along the too there are 3 icons. click on the profile picture on the right. That will tell you the date you can check in and yes it’s midnight EST. On the day of check in there will be a check in button. You don’t have to do your complete check in at once. I always just do the time of arrival and do the rest later. 

15 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Yes you can. Go to your reservation in the app.  Along the too there are 3 icons. click on the profile picture on the right. That will tell you the date you can check in and yes it’s midnight EST. On the day of check in there will be a check in button. You don’t have to do your complete check in at once. I always just do the time of arrival and do the rest later. 

Yes, I see the check in date listed, so you’re saying on that date I should see a check in button?  
Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

31 minutes ago, Ensign Pulver said:

Yes, I see the check in date listed, so you’re saying on that date I should see a check in button?  
Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

Yes on that date there will be a check in button. Click on that and you will see where to choose your arrival time. 

a clarifying question;  so you have to choose a particular boarding time with online check-in, regardless of Celebrity status or Room class?  and do you need to enter all passengers' passport #s before you can start that process?

Is there anything else on the app that is useful/necessary to pay attention to?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ChicagoCruiser2007 said:

a clarifying question;  so you have to choose a particular boarding time with online check-in, regardless of Celebrity status or Room class?  and do you need to enter all passengers' passport #s before you can start that process?

Is there anything else on the app that is useful/necessary to pay attention to?

Thanks!

Yes, You are given options of check in times regardless of status, etc. The earliest lately seems to be 11:30. You do not need to enter any other information you can just choose your time. Then You can go back and finish the check in. It will save the info you put in. Once you complete check in your express pass is available. This is needed to board. You can print it out or save it to your Apple wallet. The day before your cruise you will need to complete the health questionnaire which is part of the check in process. 

On 12/19/2023 at 7:30 PM, cbfb said:

Yes, You are given options of check in times regardless of status, etc. The earliest lately seems to be 11:30. You do not need to enter any other information you can just choose your time. Then You can go back and finish the check in. It will save the info you put in. Once you complete check in your express pass is available. This is needed to board. You can print it out or save it to your Apple wallet. The day before your cruise you will need to complete the health questionnaire which is part of the check in process. 

Thank you, this is very helpful. Our first time back cruising since the pandemic coming soon! When my check in is available in a few days, will I also be able to check in those linked to my reservation? We have 3 couples traveling together - can I check them all in or do they need to be done individually? And do the earliest arrival times disappear quickly after midnight? We're hoping to get on the ship to start enjoying as soon as possible, but I imagine everyone else is as well! Thanks for any tips you can offer!

As for available boarding times I would think it would depend on the cruise.  I am not one to get up at midnight to check into a cruise.  My Feb cruise I think I got the 11:30 time slot and I checked in whenever it was that I got up.  For my upcoming Constellation cruise in late Jan I have the 11-11:30 time slot and again I checked in when I woke up.

@Ensign Pulver I couldn't get checked in on the app, so I just went to a Celeb main page on my phone web browser, clicked "manage your cruise" and it gave me a check in link that did work. (Can't help with the locked rez, I'm afraid. Maybe search here for email to the President?)

Mister Roberts is my favorite movie, BTW! 👍

Edited by mayleeman

1 hour ago, trentmister said:

Thank you, this is very helpful. Our first time back cruising since the pandemic coming soon! When my check in is available in a few days, will I also be able to check in those linked to my reservation? We have 3 couples traveling together - can I check them all in or do they need to be done individually? And do the earliest arrival times disappear quickly after midnight? We're hoping to get on the ship to start enjoying as soon as possible, but I imagine everyone else is as well! Thanks for any tips you can offer!

I think anyone linked to your reservation can be checked in by you. In my experience the earlier times do not get taken immediately but I would do it as soon as possible just to be sure. Have a great time! We leave a week from Tuesday and can’t wait to be on the ship!!!  

On 12/18/2023 at 8:50 PM, cbfb said:

That will tell you the date you can check in and yes it’s midnight EST.

It's actually midnight in the timezone of the port of embarkation.   While Retreat guests and Zenith Captains Club members have to select a time during the checkin process they are invited to arrive at any time during the boarding process.

1 hour ago, cbfb said:

I think anyone linked to your reservation can be checked in by you. In my experience the earlier times do not get taken immediately but I would do it as soon as possible just to be sure. Have a great time! We leave a week from Tuesday and can’t wait to be on the ship!!!  

Thanks! We have a little more than a month ... so excited to be cruising again! Last one was on the Edge January of 2020. Beautiful ships!

29 minutes ago, trentmister said:

Thanks! We have a little more than a month ... so excited to be cruising again! Last one was on the Edge January of 2020. Beautiful ships!

Nice! We will be on Beyond. First time on E class!! 

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's actually midnight in the timezone of the port of embarkation.   While Retreat guests and Zenith Captains Club members have to select a time during the checkin process they are invited to arrive at any time during the boarding process.

I guess I assumed EST since we have only sailed out of Florida! 🤣

3 hours ago, mayleeman said:

@Ensign Pulver I couldn't get checked in on the app, so I just went to a Celeb main page on my phone web browser, clicked "manage your cruise" and it gave me a check in link that did work. (Can't help with the locked rez, I'm afraid. Maybe search here for email to the President?)

Mister Roberts is my favorite movie, BTW! 👍

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

Well, I broke down yesterday and called Celebrity, the agent always recommends that people check in on the phone app. It looks like they may have resolved my online issue, at least for the time being. I will check in on Thursday using the app, fingers crossed!

Thank you for taking the time to respond. 
Merry Christmas!

Ensign Pulver,

Laundry and Morale Officer

• Thanks 1