Is a window suite a full suite?

getaway101

Guest Snaxmuppet

We had a window suite on our last cruise and it was great. Full suite benefits. I thought we would miss the balcony but we didn't... mind you it was cold outside (November and in the UK) so we probably wouldn't have used the balcony much on that cruise anyway. I think for a Caribbean, Alaska or Norwegian Fjords cruise I'd prefer a balcony though but I'd have a Window suite again.

We have been in Window Suites several times on Caribbean and Grand Princess and have never smelled smoke in our room. There is a separate private hallway just for the Window Suites and you might smell some smoke in the hallway (especially if the hallway door at either end of the hallway is left open). If the hallway doors are open we close them ourselves (there is a small switch on the wall near the top of the door that releases the magnet holding the door open). These Window Suites are in a great location on the ship and we always try to book them if on the Caribbean or Grand Princess. 

We have also been in one of the massive Window Suites on the Sky Princess (S107) and loved it. The views are exceptional and the size of the room is incredible. These Window Suites are not as much of a bargain than on the older Caribbean and Grand Princess ships but we still book them (have S107 booked again). Just realize that on the newer ships (at least on the Sky Princess) the two available Window Suites are not identical. S108 is not as open as S107 due to the Premium Ocean View cabin next to S108 is an Accessible cabin so S108 is a different layout. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2