Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

On 12/24/2023 at 8:54 AM, cruising denise said:

Suggestions included doing the full M&G in midafternoon so as not to conflict with other events.  Maybe in The Restaurant, though I'm not sure that is conducive to mingling.  Torshavn would be too small.  I think Wintergarden could certainly accommodate ~100 but they need to set up for tea at 4, so we'd prob have to be done by 3 latest.  Torshavn too small for our group.  We had GREAT attendance, all the ship's officers were there, the Captain gave a little welcome speech, they served hors d'ouvres and cocktails, it was really wonderful.  After all the initial scheduling confusion. I will post pix later or tomorrow but the limits on devices with wifi means I can't be on the computer and use my phone (since DH needs one of our connections, too!).  

Below are a few pix from our Meet & Greet - looking forward to meeting the LA contingent.IMG_0219copy.jpg.a5c7315308597798bf935e2adef942eb.jpg

Captain Fredrik Nilsson greeting all of us!  

IMG_0216.jpg.e0efe3edc90c0459c8ad8e423cff05e3.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg.62401a2646c293d27bf81f0e69276fd5.jpg

I had one more nice pic but no matter what I do, it comes out upside down when I try to insert it.  I tried rotating the original, but still upside down when I insert it.  I am hoping one of you can help me figure out why this happens occasionally!  In fact, just for fun, I'll post it here.  Turn your screen upside down for better viewing....

IMG_0221.jpg.f61062aab99b21b9c3ecb7306789a463.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cruising denise said:

Below are a few pix from our Meet & Greet - looking forward to meeting the LA contingent.IMG_0219copy.jpg.a5c7315308597798bf935e2adef942eb.jpg

Captain Fredrik Nilsson greeting all of us!  

IMG_0216.jpg.e0efe3edc90c0459c8ad8e423cff05e3.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg.62401a2646c293d27bf81f0e69276fd5.jpg

I had one more nice pic but no matter what I do, it comes out upside down when I try to insert it.  I tried rotating the original, but still upside down when I insert it.  I am hoping one of you can help me figure out why this happens occasionally!  In fact, just for fun, I'll post it here.  Turn your screen upside down for better viewing....

When this has happened to me (no idea why?) I’ve taken a screenshot and then uploaded that one and it will be right side up. 🤔

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, cruising denise said:

Below are a few pix from our Meet & Greet - looking forward to meeting the LA contingent.

I'm guessing that the last photo included some of the passengers from New Zealand and/or Australia. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, WhereInTheWorldIsKarla said:

I believe this is a crocodile, as does our biologist on board.  This photo was taken while we were traveling through Gatun Lake on our Panama Canal transit. First one is to show the area where I spotted it, second one is enlarged to show the crocodile.

IMG_9484.jpeg

DSC01724.jpeg

WOW!  Good eye, Karla. 🐊

• Like 3

Here is the list of the Viking Sky World Cruise 23/24 blogs that I think are currently active:

@cruising denise #2524

https://eddieanddeniseworldcruise.blogspot.com/

@Penspack #2527

https://drsla-wc.blogspot.com/ 

@tomv2950 #2443 

https://www.travelswithtomandjoanne.com/

@Mschaecher #2496

https://mandmtouchettravelers.blogspot.com/

@Clay Clayton Instagram @ClaynMike https://www.instagram.com/claynmike/

@Lk1961 #2440 daily blurb on Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lisa.keeling.3

There are now two Viking Sky 23/24 World Cruise Critic Pages:

World Cruise planning and coordination:

Live From the Viking Sky [onboard activities and excursions]

Additionally, folks can enjoy the ventures of our sister ship, the Viking Neptune 23/24 World Cruise, which is following behind us by three days

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

13 minutes ago, Penspack said:

1st game of Mexican Train. 13 rounds with 6 people. Round tables on deck 2 work well.IMG20231231174232.thumb.jpg.aeb3b0d7029bee093d20b482d93759b3.jpg

That's great!  We were introduced to Mexican Train when we had a place in Florida.  The problem with it is that there are no set "rules" -- at least, that's the way it seemed.  The "rules" were dependent upon what region of the U.S. you came from.  Many arguments ensued, but it was a lot of fun.  

Happy New Year and enjoy!!

2 hours ago, millybess said:

That's great!  We were introduced to Mexican Train when we had a place in Florida.  The problem with it is that there are no set "rules" -- at least, that's the way it seemed.  The "rules" were dependent upon what region of the U.S. you came from.  Many arguments ensued, but it was a lot of fun.  

We agreed to play the first game with our rules. Tomorrow's game will be played with another couple's rules.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, millybess said:

The rules to Mexican Train are on BoardGameGeek.com

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11634/mexican-train

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Penspack said:

We agreed to play the first game with our rules. Tomorrow's game will be played with another couple's rules.

We always play by house rules. With so many different variations, that seems easiest.