where are the baby monkeys

newcruisehi

Hi

I know the baby monkeys aren't a good thing to visit, but my daughter is obsessed with monkeys and on our last cruise the stop to the DR was caught up in the NCL mess of not being able to dock large ships there, so we let her see the baby monkeys in Romney manor.  We are going back to St. Kitts and she's really going to want to see the baby monkeys again.  Will they be at the Fort?  or is there somewhere we can look for them in the port?

On my two previous cruises to St. Kitts, there were plenty of monkeys with their owners in the port area right at the end of the pier --- more in the afternoon when I returned to the ship than when I first disembarked. If you want to hold a monkey or take a photo (I know it's not advised, but plenty of people do it anyway), I recommend confirming/negotiating a price in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes you can also find them at the beach clubs walking along the beach as well. My oldest daughter and my grandson played with one all day long when we were at Carambola once. Actually so much that she fell in love and when she got back home, she actually bought one. She now has 2 of them and have now had them for 6 years. 😄  They are called Green Vervet monkeys. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...