Going over my notes - Booking questions

tbmrt

If one person books for a group on the app onboard for events that require payment thru loot, I seem to remember that the charges would need to be divided at Sailor Services so that one person isn't using their loot for the group. Is that correct?  Easy to do?

Is it true that some events, i.e., Duel Reality only permits one person to book for people in his cabin? (not for the whole group)

Booking--first you need to link your account to the others in your group.  After that, you can book for everyone.  This applies to dinners, shows, activities, etc.

Excursions booked in advance must be paid in advance.  If you book for a group, you'll need to pay for all of them and square up with them later by whatever means you choose. You can't use loot for bookings prior to boarding; you must put it on your credit card. Booking after boarding, my experience is that it comes from the account of the cabin of the person that does the booking.  I know they can shuffle charges within a cabin if you don't all have the same pay source, but I've not heard of  being able to move loot from one cabin to another or swapping charges among cabins.  My suggestion on excursions would be to go to the big red desk after boarding and let them handle the whole group.  THat way, you can be sure enough spots are available, etc. before you get into the booking details and let them handle taking it out of the loot.

13 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Booking--first you need to link your account to the others in your group.  After that, you can book for everyone.  This applies to dinners, shows, activities, etc.

Excursions booked in advance must be paid in advance.  If you book for a group, you'll need to pay for all of them and square up with them later by whatever means you choose. You can't use loot for bookings prior to boarding; you must put it on your credit card. Booking after boarding, my experience is that it comes from the account of the cabin of the person that does the booking.  I know they can shuffle charges within a cabin if you don't all have the same pay source, but I've not heard of  being able to move loot from one cabin to another or swapping charges among cabins.  My suggestion on excursions would be to go to the big red desk after boarding and let them handle the whole group.  THat way, you can be sure enough spots are available, etc. before you get into the booking details and let them handle taking it out of the loot.

I've not heard of  being able to move loot from one cabin to another or swapping charges among cabins.  My suggestion on excursions would be to go to the big red desk after boarding and let them handle the whole group.  THat way, you can be sure enough spots are available, etc. before you get into the booking details and let them handle taking it out of the loot.

Sounds like a plan...  However, I hope we don't miss out on excursions since we will be booking other activities as soon as we board.  Is the Big Red Desk right by boarding area?

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

I've not heard of  being able to move loot from one cabin to another or swapping charges among cabins.  My suggestion on excursions would be to go to the big red desk after boarding and let them handle the whole group.  THat way, you can be sure enough spots are available, etc. before you get into the booking details and let them handle taking it out of the loot.

Sounds like a plan...  However, I hope we don't miss out on excursions since we will be booking other activities as soon as we board.  Is the Big Red Desk right by boarding area?

if you want to book excursions ahead of time then one person can book and then just have your friends send you the $$

you can definitely swap charges around if you book onboard - sailor services can help you with that. I’ve done it many times. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Big red desk is on deck 7 right by the roundabout--so yes very near where you enter the ship.