SS Dress Code Updates - No Opinions Please

Gourmet Gal

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I recall reports that they will happily lend you a jacket to carry over your arm and then put in the back of your chair...

Yea.. this might happen on some ships, I just didn't want to take a chance since 6 out of 10 nights are formal or informal. I remember last year on the Spirit we tried to enter Antantide on informal night with no jacket, they told us that jacket is required and didn't offer the option to lend one. Maybe because we were a group of 4 couples.. So maybe it depends on the ship, not sure.

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I recall reports that they will happily lend you a jacket to carry over your arm and then put in the back of your chair...

On Dawn/Atlantide, that fellow I mentioned probably would have required a 52R.  They tried on what they had by the closet at the entrance, but didn't have anything that big to fit him, and that's when he left in a huff.  They really did expect him to at least wear it into the dining room.

Edited by canderson

18 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Yea.. this might happen on some ships, I just didn't want to take a chance since 6 out of 10 nights are formal or informal. I remember last year on the Spirit we tried to enter Antantide on informal night with no jacket, they told us that jacket is required and didn't offer the option to lend one. Maybe because we were a group of 4 couples.. So maybe it depends on the ship, not sure.

Or maybe because all of their stock of "lending" jackets were already in use, hanging from the backs of chairs in the dining room.

38 minutes ago, nfcu said:

Or maybe because all of their stock of "lending" jackets were already in use, hanging from the backs of chairs in the dining room.

Exactly.

But we also have seen more than enough men with their own jackets who hanged them once they reached the table.

No opinions, just the facts.

• Like 1