Transfer to Different Holland Ship at Port Everglades

Benny42

1 minute ago, Benny42 said:

I am looking at adding an additional cruise to an already booked cruise.  It would require transferring from the Rotterdam to the New Statendam.  Does Holland offer a shuttle service when transferring to another ship? 

I doubt if there is anything formal. But others may know of an arrangement. 

We have done several B2B's on different ships, but they were different cruise lines so I knew it was on us. When you come out of customs with your luggage, get a taxi and let them know the ship (or even better, the terminal number) you are going to board the second ship. In Fort Lauderdale, there are posted signs at the taxi stand giving a $9 flat rate to another location within the port.

19 minutes ago, oldbluff said:

I doubt if there is anything formal. But others may know of an arrangement. 

We have done several B2B's on different ships, but they were different cruise lines so I knew it was on us. When you come out of customs with your luggage, get a taxi and let them know the ship (or even better, the terminal number) you are going to board the second ship. In Fort Lauderdale, there are posted signs at the taxi stand giving a $9 flat rate to another location within the port.

That is the easy way take a taxi

2 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

We did a ship to ship transfer in Boston and we had to do this on our own. Though some available port luggage handlers did push our luggage on a cart to the new boarding area. Our ships were right next to each other.  

Boston is a whole different situation from Port Everglades. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Boston is a whole different situation from Port Everglades. 

Boston is compact. Port Everglades is spread out. Logistics will be more complicated in Port Everglades depending on where the two ships are docked. Agreed.

Issue was - will HAL provide transfer services between ships? Boston showed even when they are docked next to each other, passengers were on their own. So unlikely there will be anything offered in Port Everglades either - first line of defense.

I have changed ships one time in Port Everglades.  The terminals were across the street from each other.  Explained my situation to the porter and he took luggage to the other terminal.  Don’t know if other porters will do this, but this porter had no problem in helping me out.

• Like 2