Mini suites available March 2 Discovery Princess but not Balcony

desertdwellingsailor

So, we pushed out our March Discovery Princess Mexican Riviera cruise because of all the uncertainties over my parents' health and its impact on our finances. Now I am feeling better financially and wonder if I could go in March after all. I looked at the March 2nd Mexican Riviera cruise and the balcony rooms we pretty much booked in the since that you could not choose a room. But there are plenty of mini suites on level 14 and the total seemed pretty reasonable. Might be nice not to wait until October. What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

So, we pushed out our March Discovery Princess Mexican Riviera cruise because of all the uncertainties over my parents' health and its impact on our finances. Now I am feeling better financially and wonder if I could go in March after all. I looked at the March 2nd Mexican Riviera cruise and the balcony rooms we pretty much booked in the since that you could not choose a room. But there are plenty of mini suites on level 14 and the total seemed pretty reasonable. Might be nice not to wait until October. What do you guys think?

If you are on deck 14, choose a minisuite forward of the forward elevators - you'll have cabins above you, and not a noisy pool deck or buffet. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

I must have been dazed and confused when I wrote this. I meant to say that I could not choose a balcony room but there are many mini suites available. I guess the less expensive balcony rooms fill up first. Any reason not to go on March 2nd? Should be fairly warm in Mexico.

1 hour ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

I must have been dazed and confused when I wrote this. I meant to say that I could not choose a balcony room but there are many mini suites available. I guess the less expensive balcony rooms fill up first. Any reason not to go on March 2nd? Should be fairly warm in Mexico.

Now we are looking at April 13. I can see that the mini suites are significantly more expensive which is no doubt why the balconies fill up first. I guess April 13 might be warmer than March 2. Well, we will cruise one way or another.

18 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

This has been discussed before. I’ve had the same issue. For some odd reason the balconies don’t show up when you put in 2 guests. I just checked with 3 guest's and all the balconies showed up. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

This has been discussed before. I’ve had the same issue. For some odd reason the balconies don’t show up when you put in 2 guests. I just checked with 3 guest's and all the balconies showed up. 

Very interesting. Well, its a moot point. I feel like I wasted everyone's time. My wife can't get time off work for the March 2nd cruise and my daughter wants us home for her birthday during the April 13 cruise. We are sticking with our balcony room on October 12 after all. It's more than $1000 cheaper for one thing(including plus and standard pvp). We may just go somewhere like San Diego for the weekend in March or so to do something sooner. No ships involved!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

If you are on deck 14, choose a minisuite forward of the forward elevators - you'll have cabins above you, and not a noisy pool deck or buffet. 

We VERY often book a mini-suite in this area on 14 (Riviera).  It's a quick trip down to get to/from the theater and guest services/piazza.  It's a bit of a walk if you're headed for the deck 6 aft restaurant, though.

• Like 1

All's well that ends well. My wife's boss really wanted her to go even though it isn't the most convenient time for her. So, cancelled my October 12th cruise. Booked March 2nd mini suite deck 14 ahead of the front stairwell as we discussed. Price was reasonable. Only about $600 more than my balcony in October. We are sailing. Mexican Riviera Discovery Princess.