Ocean Ready App lists cancelled cruise!

CHK

Our Medallion app is showing a cruise in March 2024 that we cancelled right before final payment. I had already completed check in on the app--unfortunately. We have since booked two cruises in the Caribbean departing late February. But, the app still shows the cancelled cruise and neither one of the Caribbean cruises. I've tried checking in using the web based check in but with the same result. HELP!!

A)  Make sure the correct Captain's Circle Number (not a duplicate) were used for the bookings.  Otherwise, they won't sync to your Medallion App.

B)  If the bookings are new, let 48 hours pass to let your booking sync to the App.

C)  Call the Princess and get routed to a Medallion Navigator and ask to have the correct cruises linked to your Medallion App.  

In the meantime, you should check to see if you can access the Cruise Personalizer for cruises you will be going on.  If you can, then you can use the desktop version of the App to complete check-in until your App problem can be sorted out.

• Like 1

@CHK... @SCX22 gave you some good info, but a better way to check to make sure that cruise was *really* canceled is to log into your account on Princess.com ( @SCX22 alluded to that when they referred to the cruise personalizer) and just see if it shows up there. If it doesn't show there, it's gone. Don't worry about what the app might show...it is notorious for showing out of date info due to sync issues.

• Like 2

Wonky app.  My original cabin mate canceled. Replaced with another.  Original cabin mate received Medallion with replaced cabin mates name.  

Princess never ceases to amaze all of us.  

Did you get your deposit back?  If you did, cruise was cancelled.  As others have said, check with your account directly.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flying boat said:

Try logging into the app with the booking number

At times like this you just need to *forget* the app (assuming that your info looks correct while logged into the website.) If your info is not correct in the app when logged into using credentials, it's going to be the same if you log in using your booking number.  It's a synchronization error which various people have experienced for a long time (as reported here on CC.)

I've tried all of those suggestions. Log in with my booking number--ends up at the cancelled cruise. Tried the "web based" check in same result. Cancelled cruise is not listed on either of our accounts.

Have also tried removing and reloading app, logging out and back in. I did call the Princess Concierge number, talked to someone who tried to log in for me and he had the same result--so "wrote up a ticket" to send to tech support. Still waiting. 70 days to cruise--sure would like to get our boarding passes, credit card number on file etc. If nothing changes I'll contact Princess again after Christmas.

9 hours ago, CHK said:

I've tried all of those suggestions. Log in with my booking number--ends up at the cancelled cruise. Tried the "web based" check in same result. Cancelled cruise is not listed on either of our accounts.

Have also tried removing and reloading app, logging out and back in. I did call the Princess Concierge number, talked to someone who tried to log in for me and he had the same result--so "wrote up a ticket" to send to tech support. Still waiting. 70 days to cruise--sure would like to get our boarding passes, credit card number on file etc. If nothing changes I'll contact Princess again after Christmas.

I’d send a message to IT to fix your account.  It definitely sounds like a corrupt account.

A360ad7@Carnival.com

You will need: 

Full names

dob

booking numbers

sail date and ship

cancelled cruise info

new booking info

Explain what has happening. Errors, etc

Not sure how quickly they will respond, as they have been working on a new App or revised?

Seems to be impacting bookings on the App.

Let us know

44 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’d send a message to IT to fix your account.  It definitely sounds like a corrupt account.

A360ad7@Carnival.com

You will need: 

Full names

dob

booking numbers

sail date and ship

cancelled cruise info

new booking info

Explain what has happening. Errors, etc

Not sure how quickly they will respond, as they have been working on a new App or revised?

Seems to be impacting bookings on the App.

Let us know

thank you so much for that information!  I'll do that today and let you all know the result

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SCX22 said:

C)  Call the Princess and get routed to a Medallion Navigator and ask to have the correct cruises linked to your Medallion App.  

I first reported this issue two years and a Medallion support person said they were aware of it and actively working on it. But personal intervention is still the only way I know get it fixed if it doesn’t self-resolve in a day or two. 

B2B cruise changes and cancelled cruises are still the apps biggest issues, I think. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, I don't think anyone has suggested this (I may have missed it). Have you actually tried "switching" cruises in the app? For people who have more than one cruise booked there is a way within the app to change which cruise you are looking at. I realize that you may not have 2 cruises booked but for whatever reason the app *seems* to think you do. Just check to make sure that the app may really have the "good" booking. 

If I remember correctly, just tap on your picture at the main app home screen...if this is what is really happening then you will see your other cruise. It *should* remain "locked" on the good cruise even after closing/re-opening the app.

Just a possibility...

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Ok, I don't think anyone has suggested this (I may have missed it). Have you actually tried "switching" cruises in the app? For people who have more than one cruise booked there is a way within the app to change which cruise you are looking at. I realize that you may not have 2 cruises booked but for whatever reason the app *seems* to think you do. Just check to make sure that the app may really have the "good" booking. 

If I remember correctly, just tap on your picture at the main app home screen...if this is what is really happening then you will see your other cruise. It *should* remain "locked" on the good cruise even after closing/re-opening the app.

Just a possibility...

Nope.  The new App, currently, only shows your next cruise.  
Profile, worked to show all cruises on the old App.

If you want to see

other cruises booked, you have to log in with the booking number of each cruise.  Pain.  

Really hope they UG this.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Nope.  The new App, currently, only shows your next cruise.  
Profile, worked to show all cruises on the old App.

If you want to see

other cruises booked, you have to log in with the booking number of each cruise.  Pain.  

Really hope they UG this.

Wow! Already a big step backwards!

• Like 1

UPDATE: After reading that a new Princess app is available I went searching for it. The old app shows up first but if scrolled down past all of the kiddie princess apps, I spotted it under the "Global..." creator name. Downloaded that app and, praise GOD, showed the first cruise we have booked for the Enchanted Princess. I was able to complete most of check in except for some reason it wouldn't let me order the medallions in advance.  I took a peek at the old app and for the first time it said "there is a new version, do you want to update"  I decided not to temp fate and just deleted it from my phone.

Edited by CHK
misspelling

15 minutes ago, CHK said:

UPDATE: After reading that a new Princess app is available I went searching for it. The old app shows up first but if scrolled down past all of the kiddie princess apps, I spotted it under the "Global..." creator name. Downloaded that app and, praise GOD, showed the first cruise we have booked for the Enchanted Princess. I was able to complete most of check in except for some reason it wouldn't let me order the medallions in advance.  I took a peek at the old app and for the first time it said "there is a new version, do you want to update"  I decided not to temp fate and just deleted it from my phone.

Yes, or just type in the App search;

Princess Travel

Oh Lordy, as if anything else can go wrong!  We are finally logged in and checked in on the new app on our phones. Still the same old story on the web version--but not sure I care about that right now.

BUT I went to login to Princess on my PC under my husband's login and was told the password was wrong. So I asked for password reset. Followed through with that and now it shows a completely foreign Capt Circle # plus it says ZERO cruise and ZERO days! We have nearly 800 days cruised with Princess... Long time on the phone and it's supposed to be corrected in 24 hours. Want to place bets whether this will get corrected...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CHK said:

Oh Lordy, as if anything else can go wrong!  We are finally logged in and checked in on the new app on our phones. Still the same old story on the web version--but not sure I care about that right now.

BUT I went to login to Princess on my PC under my husband's login and was told the password was wrong. So I asked for password reset. Followed through with that and now it shows a completely foreign Capt Circle # plus it says ZERO cruise and ZERO days! We have nearly 800 days cruised with Princess... Long time on the phone and it's supposed to be corrected in 24 hours. Want to place bets whether this will get corrected...

Sounds like they led you to register for a new account.  They will need to delete the new one and restore your old CC number.

If you have a TA or CVP they may be able to help, if needed.

Never register for an account or link booking numbers. Causes so many problems.  You may not even realized it.

Could they correct the new App too in 24 hours? 🥴

Edited by PacnGoNow