Upgrade on Board

ToxM

Hello Regent experts!

22 days and counting before I embark Regent Voyager for my first experience with the line. 

I have been keeping an eye on the cruise on the RSSC website and the load seems very light with all levels apart from the top two suite levels marked as available. I have counted at least 30 cabins in different grades available. 

I rang my TA yesterday to enquire as to availability of a paid upgrade to a different suite and even my TA was shocked at the answer we got - no discount at all and no wiggle room. 

My TA has suggested I ask once on board. Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with this. I have to admit I have never done this before on any cruise so  I am curious as to how effective it has been for others?

Not desperate for a move, but I am willing to consider a reasonable offer, if such a beat exists within this realm. 

Thanks for your time!

We were on Explorer in September.  Had a "E" Concierge reservation. The cruise was so full that they were offering refunds PLUS very substantial discounts on the same cruise in 2024.  So the thought of an upgrade was not on my mind at all.  However, five days before we left for Alaska we got an email offer to upgrade to an Explorer Suite for a very fair cost.  Jumped at it.

Edited by Bruce61
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bruce61 said:

We were on Explorer in September.  Had a "E" Concierge reservation. The cruise was so full that they were offering refunds PLUS very substantial discounts on the same cruise in 2024.  So the thought of an upgrade was not on my mind at all.  However, five days before we left for Alaska we got an email offer to upgrade to an Explorer Suite for a very fair cost.  Jumped at it.

This occurs when there is a waiting list for your cabin class. Regent will offer you an upgrade and then resell your cabin to a person from the WL....OR they will offer you a FCC plus refund in order to lock in a additional dollars today. Its all about getting the occupancy rate as high as possible while securing cash flow.

• Like 1