any chance the spa will split up my massage into two invoices?

USU_Aggie

Stupid, niche, unimportant question, I know. But that's what cruisecritic is all about right?

My health insurance will reimburse me up to $75 per massage, 50 times a year. If I get a 100 minute massage and I submit a bill for two 50 minute massages back to back, they will reimburse each of them. Any chance Carnival will work with that if I book a 100 minute?

I thought the spa on Vista was pretty accommodating for us.  We went to the "pamper party" where they offer discounts on future services if you book them at the party.  May daughter wanted her hair trimmed in addition to the other packaged services offered.  They came up with a custom discount package and offered it to us.  

I know that is a little different, but just wanted to say, it never hurts to ask (and I'm guessing it could vary by ship).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USU_Aggie said:

Stupid, niche, unimportant question, I know. But that's what cruisecritic is all about right?

My health insurance will reimburse me up to $75 per massage, 50 times a year. If I get a 100 minute massage and I submit a bill for two 50 minute massages back to back, they will reimburse each of them. Any chance Carnival will work with that if I book a 100 minute?

Spa staff don't enter prices.  They enter services

47 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

I'd like to know what health insurance reimburses massages! I can't even use FSA money for massages. 

It's called the foreign service benefit plan. Unfortunately you have to be a federal employee and even then it wouldn't make sense to have it unless you live abroad. 

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

I'd like to know what health insurance reimburses massages! I can't even use FSA money for massages. 

My former company’s health plan offered up to $200 per year reimbursement for such services as exercise classes, gym memberships, weight loss or smoking cessation programs - and massages.   I scratched my head at massages being one of their “healthy living” benefits, but they offered it and people used the benefit.  This was a regional southern WI/northern IL health insurance company.  

1 minute ago, Joanne G. said:

My former company’s health plan offered up to $200 per year reimbursement for such services as exercise classes, gym memberships, weight loss or smoking cessation programs - and massages.   I scratched my head at massages being one of their “healthy living” benefits, but they offered it and people used the benefit.  This was a regional southern WI/northern IL health insurance company.  

Nice. We have a healthy lifestyles plan that gives you reimbursement money. But it doesn't cover gym memberships, massages, or any of the things you listed. Just doctor's visits and prescriptions.