Booking a future cruise on board

Taclin01

never been on X but glad to see that document above. for the type of suite i booked back in spring for my 1st cruise next year it says id get 350 OBC. my TA is giving me 2300 and X is giving me 800. at least for my suite it's well worth the TA doing the cruise.

i guess the next question is: can you book using the onboard service then transfer to a TA and get the same perks i just mentioned above?

Yes you have 30 days to transfer to a TA.  Actually they will automatically transfer it to the TA you used to book your current sailing and have to tell them if you don't want it to go there.

You maintain the OBC outlined in the chart above and it can be combined with anything your TA offers and keep the reduced deposit (for non-suite bookings)

If your TA has group space at a better price then you can be put into the group and usually retain the OBC (there are some group types that don't qualify).

@1Virgo I believe is talking about the Book Later form where you have 6 months to decide on the actual sailing you want to take.

I much prefer to use the Book Now.  If I'm not sure what I want to do I'll book anything way out in the future with a refundable deposit.   I can then change it later (way after 6 months) and still retain the bonus OBC or cancel without penalty.

No mater which you choose the rate and perks are determined when you select the ship/sail date (including changes) and will be at the prevailing rates/promo on that date.  The only OBC that carries forward is the onboard booking bonus which is adjusted to the new sailing category and duration.

oops. not sure what happened but should have included our FCC was going to expire but when I called and found out what we were told onboard re gratuities being included, was not the case, we decided to cancel.  We were also told deposit refundable.   We were told no when we decided to cancel the FCC.   That is why I said get it in writing.

For the ones we've used, it just meant we got whatever offer was being advertised at the time we booked - say 75% off 2nd guest that has been promoted forever - in addition to the OBC. It was nice when Celebrity was offering OBC at the time of booking and you could combine with these and get both OBC offers. Now, the main reason we get the certificates is for the reduced deposits. Plus they are fully refundable if you don't use them. We don't always plan ahead so often we can't use these because there are so many exclusions - exciting deals, etc.

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2023 at 7:16 PM, luckyinpa said:

i guess the next question is: can you book using the onboard service then transfer to a TA and get the same perks i just mentioned above?

Yes.

We always booked on board, gotten the advertised perks, and turned it over to our TA. Since it is a big box TA the Future Cruise Staff member dong the booking is able to to turn over to big box TA when doing your booking. I do call big box TA soon after returning from the cruise to get a confirmation from them and to see what we will be getting in the form of a cash card. Also, usually big box will throw in some OBC.

Also, if you have big box black card membership & use big box visa it comes to additional 5% off the cruise.

When we cruised in November we paid $100 each for the maximum of 3 "Future Cruise Certificates" to use once we got home.  We were to receive OBC once we booked the cruise and the deposit that we paid on the cruise would be applied. 

We are cruising again in March and won't be buying these certificates anymore.  We book thru a big box store and I had an awful time explaining to them what these certificates were.  We were able to book our 3 cruises but from now on we will either book while onboard or as we have been and just forget about the bonus OBC while trying to use a certificate.