Reservations for Specialty and Complimentary Dining on the Edge Class

lifeisrealygood

We have Select Dining on the Ascent.  I know we can make reservations for a specific time for any of the four complimentary restaurants and any of the specialty restaurants pre-cruise.  Some of the Specialty restaurants like Eden fill up fast.  About how many months pre-cruise do the dining reservations open up?   

On the e class ships, even though the system looks like you can make reservations for the complimentary dining in fact the dining rooms are all open seating.  The website and app has never been updated which is a very confusing thing.

on M & S class ships you can make reservations for the main dining room, but not an E class ships.

Really.  I have a March 2024 Beyond cruise and I was able to make reservations for the four restaurants for 7 of  the ten nights.  Are you telling me, even though my cruise planner shows these reservations on the planner at the specific times I booked for the days I wanted, that they are not really reserved times?  I find that hard to believe.  Is there anyone out there who has made reservations for anytime dining pre-cruise, and when you got on the ship, they said, "Sorry, you do not have any reservations, even though your cruise planner showed them?"   Makes no sense.  I know Celebrity is the champion of bad IT, but everything you read states that you can make reservations for anytime dining pre-cruise. I was just asking when the dining reservation process opens up for a cruise that is still 15 months away.  For my 2025 Ascent cruise.   

4 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

Really.  I have a March 2024 Beyond cruise and I was able to make reservations for the four restaurants for 7 of  the ten nights.  Are you telling me, even though my cruise planner shows these reservations on the planner at the specific times I booked for the days I wanted, that they are not really reserved times?

yes that is the situation on E class ships.  

4 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

I find that hard to believe.  Is there anyone out there who has made reservations for anytime dining pre-cruise, and when you got on the ship, they said, "Sorry, you do not have any reservations, even though your cruise planner showed them?"   Makes no sense.  I know Celebrity is the champion of bad IT, but everything you read states that you can make reservations for anytime dining pre-cruise. I was just asking when the dining reservation process opens up for a cruise that is still 15 months away.  For my 2025 Ascent cruise.   

Celebrity has decided to make alll mDR dining on the E class ships open seating with no reservations but they have never been able to figure out how to bring the app and website into compliance with that. It’s frustrating to say the least but that’s the way it is on the E class ships.

Over and over again people ssailing on e class ships write that they appear to have reservations but don’t really have them.  Check out this thread for one but there are many others.  (ATD = any time dining, MTD = My time dining but Celebrity uses the term Select for its open dining )

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2980238-dining-times/#comment-66618674

Edited by cruisestitch

Reminiscent of a Seinfeld episode, you can make a reservation they just don’t honor the reservation😀

Seriously, on the edge class ships the main dining rooms are all open seating. Here is one diner’s experience but there are many other reports like this on Cruise Critic

D03ABCB1-CFB1-490C-B2FE-BD910CCB9F2F.png

8 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

Really.  I have a March 2024 Beyond cruise and I was able to make reservations for the four restaurants for 7 of  the ten nights.  Are you telling me, even though my cruise planner shows these reservations on the planner at the specific times I booked for the days I wanted, that they are not really reserved times?  I find that hard to believe.  Is there anyone out there who has made reservations for anytime dining pre-cruise, and when you got on the ship, they said, "Sorry, you do not have any reservations, even though your cruise planner showed them?"   Makes no sense.  I know Celebrity is the champion of bad IT, but everything you read states that you can make reservations for anytime dining pre-cruise. 

And you CAN on the M and S class ships. But not on the E class.

By the way, the same thing happens if you are in Luminae or blue. It looks like you can make reservations, but neither one of those locations take reservations, both are open for seating only.

celebrity IS the champion of bad IT🥲

Edited by cruisestitch