Deluxe Bev Pckg Drink cost maximum

lumpkin8

We are going on the Anthem in 2024 and wanted the bev. pckg to try all the wonderful drinks.  There is a discount now for seniors.  I looked at the menus and most of the mixed drinks are about $14 in all the bars.  The Deluxe bev pckg that they are advertising now has this at the bottom:  Deluxe Beverage Package includes any single beverage item with a value ofup to $12 for select ships and sail dates.

Does this mean that most of those cocktails will have an upcharge?

Hmmm.  I just found another advertisement in my RCCL account that says: Package includes any single beverage item with a value of up to $14 for select ships and sail dates.

I think they never updated the promo materials in some of what is being sent around to people booking now.  So never mind, and thanks anyway.

3 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

What is the minimum age required for the Senior Discount?

55, but thst only applies to the cruise.  There is no seniors discount on beverage packages. 

It is not available on all sailings or even on all categories.  It is only select sailings that Royal is still trying to sell cabins where they offer the seniors discount. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

@Ourusualbeach

7 hours ago, lumpkin8 said:

We are going on the Anthem in 2024 and wanted the bev. pckg to try all the wonderful drinks.  There is a discount now for seniors.  I looked at the menus and most of the mixed drinks are about $14 in all the bars.  The Deluxe bev pckg that they are advertising now has this at the bottom:  Deluxe Beverage Package includes any single beverage item with a value ofup to $12 for select ships and sail dates.

Does this mean that most of those cocktails will have an upcharge?

OP is making reference to a senior discount now showing on his cruise for the Deluxe Beverage Package. 

My question was NOT about s discount for booking a cruise.

Question age required for beverage senior discount (should the offer show up in my planner for my particular cruise)? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

What is the minimum age required for the Senior Discount?

Well, it depends.  They ran this sale a few months ago and for some cruises it was age 62, some 65, and that’s just the two ages I remember people reporting they were and being able to get the 35% discount.  

• Like 1

Yes, the senior discount was being offered a few days ago for my cruise BEV PKGE (different from the booking of my cruise at a senior rate)

In fact, I tried to get the senior discount for my daughter's cabin Deluxe Beverage Package also, but they said they did not qualify because they were not seniors.  It did save me about $85 for my individual package cost.

I don't know if the senior discount is still being offered but for those of you who are interested I hope it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

@Ourusualbeach

OP is making reference to a senior discount now showing on his cruise for the Deluxe Beverage Package. 

My question was NOT about s discount for booking a cruise.

Question age required for beverage senior discount (should the offer show up in my planner for my particular cruise)? 

Sorry, missed that part.  I've never seen a seniors discount for cruise planner items of any kind.  Since they use 55 for cruises you would hope they would keep it consistent and use the same age. 

I just looked back at the promo, (it is still being offered on my cruise), and in the semi-fine print is says: "Senior offer applies to guests age 65 or older."

I agree with kernie968, they forget to count my wine consumption while on a cruise!

• Like 2