Singing Waiters

15 hours ago, mets123 said:

Keep in mind that their show is probably at the 90 minutes mark of the dinner service and most people have finished their dinner by then. It's nothing that I would purposely wait for.

If my meal is done, and I know it's coming (wait staff all suddenly disappear), I get up and leave the table before they start.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

15 hours ago, mets123 said:

Keep in mind that their show is probably at the 90 minutes mark of the dinner service and most people have finished their dinner by then. It's nothing that I would purposely wait for.

at the 90 Minute mark of dinner I better be back in my room and already figuring out what I'm doing next!  If I'm there past 65-70 minutes, I start getting a little irritated-THIS would just make it so much worse. 

I was always amazed at the incongruity of this "tradition" of singing, dancing, and waiving one's napkin in the air on the last evening of the cruise.

With all the concern over norovirus, COVID-19, masking, social distancing and the like, and hand sanitizing stations all over the ship, swinging one's dirty dinner napkin in the air to spew food residue and spittle all over the tightly packed dining room seemed in stark contrast to the "safety" regulations regarding the spreading of germs and other biological contaminants into the air.

It's no wonder that people tested positive for COVID-19 after leaving the ship; they probably got it during the last night's dinner party!

• Like 3