Back to back discount on fare?

JoJo1947

It depends on the length of the cruises. From memory the cruises have to be seven days, or more, and if so there is 10% off both cruises. Also I don't think it applies to fly cruises (but I may be wrong on that)

If you do go for a B2B try and get the same cabin - far easier than moving cabins on changeover day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoJo1947 said:

Not sailed P&O as yet but out of interest if you do a back to back on the same ship are there any cabin discounts? TYIA

This is what the web site says;

there is a 10% back to back discount applied to each booking if you book more than one consecutive cruise on the same ship. Applicable to the P&O Cruises Select Fare only . This discount is called a ‘Combination Saver’. The combination saver does not apply to World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Exotic fly-cruises, 7 night Mediterranean Fly cruises, Arabian Gulf Fly cruises or if one, or both, of the cruises are of 5 nights or less or 40 nights or more 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We are doing b2b on Iona. However, they were not booked at the same time and one of them was moved from a different cruise. I assume this would cancel out the b2b benefit. 

It may be worth asking P&O, I don't fancy your chances but nothing to lose.

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

We are doing b2b on Iona. However, they were not booked at the same time and one of them was moved from a different cruise. I assume this would cancel out the b2b benefit. 

You still get the discount if you book the cruises at different times, we have had prices adjusted twice and on one occasion one cruise was a transferred booking.

9 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

there is a 10% back to back discount applied to each booking if you book more than one consecutive cruise on the same ship. Applicable to the P&O Cruises Select Fare only . This discount is called a ‘Combination Saver’. The combination saver does not apply to World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Exotic fly-cruises, 7 night Mediterranean Fly cruises, Arabian Gulf Fly cruises or if one, or both, of the cruises are of 5 nights or less or 40 nights or more 

It did not used to include the Med fly cruises, but I am pretty sure it does now as we have had the discount within the last few months. The section quoted from the website appears to be out of date, but I am sure we have found one that is up to date in the past.  Mention of Arabian gulf fly cruises also seems to suggest it is out of date - a P&O website thing????  Our agents, the well used one, has done the adjustments, though for a direct booking the head office staff needed to be pointed in the direction of the requirements on their own website!  I am pretty sure they need to be 7 nights or over and as mentioned a select care booking.

If I remember tomorrow, I will try to find the more you to date link, which I think I saved down on the desktop.

I understand the discount also works if you change to a different P&O ship in Southampton on the same change over day.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2023 at 12:34 PM, yorkshirephil said:

This is the link about combination savers which we had seen (it is mentioned at the bottom of this page on the link):-  https://www.pocruises.com/essential-information/planning-for-your-holiday

The actual writing on the link says:-

"Combination savers

Book two or more consecutive Select Price holidays to enjoy an extended break and we will give you a 10% reduction on the combined adult price. Please note combination savers do not apply to World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Exotic fly-cruises or Grand Tours. Or if one, or both, of the cruises are of 5 nights or less or 41 nights or more in duration."

I was talking to a cruise sales person on Aurora in September and she confirmed then that it still works if you change ship and then start the second cruise on the same date as the first one finishes.  We have booked three B2B's over the last two years or so, the most recent was for Azura for Sept/Oct 2025, when we booked the last two week cruise from the summer season, then added the one of the first translocation cruises from the winter season, when that season became available.  Even booking at launch did not get us the same cabin for those though, as they only allow certain cabins for each cruise and the cabin we had booked for the first cruise was not allocated to the length of cruise which we wanted to book as the second cruise.  We are on the cabin next door though, so will be an easy move and we still have a well placed deck C cabin with one of those very big balconies.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 7:37 PM, sandancer said:

It should make no difference. We have had the discount when booking cruises 6 month apart. One was the last cruise in one booking period and the second was the first in the next period.

Edited by daiB

52 minutes ago, tring said:

This is the link about combination savers which we had seen (it is mentioned at the bottom of this page on the link):-  https://www.pocruises.com/essential-information/planning-for-your-holiday

The actual writing on the link says:-

"Combination savers

Book two or more consecutive Select Price holidays to enjoy an extended break and we will give you a 10% reduction on the combined adult price. Please note combination savers do not apply to World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Exotic fly-cruises or Grand Tours. Or if one, or both, of the cruises are of 5 nights or less or 41 nights or more in duration."

I was talking to a cruise sales person on Aurora in September and she confirmed then that it still works if you change ship and then start the second cruise on the same date as the first one finishes.  We have booked three B2B's over the last two years or so, the most recent was for Azura for Sept/Oct 2025, when we booked the last two week cruise from the summer season, then added the one of the first translocation cruises from the winter season, when that season became available.  Even booking at launch did not get us the same cabin for those though, as they only allow certain cabins for each cruise and the cabin we had booked for the first cruise was not allocated to the length of cruise which we wanted to book as the second cruise.  We are on the cabin next door though, so will be an easy move and we still have a well placed deck C cabin with one of those very big balconies.

I think half the battle with these things is getting the right person.

Usually when we have booked the 35 night Caribbean cruises the cruise preceding it has been four or five nights, so no 10% BtoB discount which seems fair enough. However when I had a look at our 2025 Iona 35 nighter the preceding cruise is 14 nights Canaries so gave P&O a bell and got Dwayne who I have dealt with before who is excellent. So we got 10% off the Canaries cruise and another 10% off the Caribbean cruise plus have the same cabin for both cruises. We repriced the Caribbean cruise when we were on Aurora as there was 10% off plus triple extra OBC. The outcome is that with OBC taken into account it has cost £272 for the Canaries cruise. @bobstheboy, @terrierjohn, @Interestedcruisefan, just copied you guys in as you have either booked or as in ICF shown an interest in the 35 nighter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1