Is there any way to find out what shows are planned for the future?

rbxlady

Sorry if this has been answered, but I tried the search feature and couldn't nail it down.

Does NCL give us any indication of if/when shows may change?

We are booked on the Epic in March, and I know the Epic currently has Burn the Floor, which we have already seen on another ship. I'm hoping the show will change so we have an opportunity to see something else. We're past final payment, so there's nothing we can do (and I wouldn't cancel based on that alone anyway), so this is pure curiosity.

Thanks!

you'll likely be seeing "burn the floor" again in march.

keep those embers glowing!

NCL typically releases a press release announcing new shows and they place ads in theatrical publications, such as "backstage," announcing auditions. that all takes place many months before the show ever debuts. we haven't heard anything about new entertainment on the epic, so i'd say it's a safe bet that there will be no change by march. short of paying attention to NCL press releases and scouring social media, there really is no way of knowing what they have up their entertainment sleeve.

the trend is for NCL to burn not just the floor, but the whole house down by eliminating traditional broadway shows and presenting instead small scale homegrown NCL-commissioned revues, as well as solo entertainers. so you might see a solo singer, a violinist and a magician on board in addition to "burn the floor."

Edited by UKstages
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, UKstages said:

NCL typically releases a press release announcing new shows and they place ads in theatrical publications, such as "backstage," announcing auditions. that all takes place many months before the show ever debuts. we haven't heard anything about new entertainment on the epic, so i'd say it's a safe bet that there will be no change by march. short of paying attention to NCL press releases and scouring social media, there really is no way of knowing what they have up their entertainment sleeve.

the trend is for NCL to burn not just the floor, but the whole house down by eliminating traditional broadway shows and presenting instead small scale homegrown NCL-commissioned revues, as well as solo entertainers. so you might see a solo singer, a violinist and a magician on board in addition to "burn the floor."

That makes a lot of sense. We'll keep an eye out for the solo entertainment and for anything Beatles-related going on in the Cavern Club. Thank you!

2 hours ago, rbxlady said:

Sorry if this has been answered, but I tried the search feature and couldn't nail it down.

Does NCL give us any indication of if/when shows may change?

We are booked on the Epic in March, and I know the Epic currently has Burn the Floor, which we have already seen on another ship. I'm hoping the show will change so we have an opportunity to see something else. We're past final payment, so there's nothing we can do (and I wouldn't cancel based on that alone anyway), so this is pure curiosity.

Thanks!

Burn the Floor has been on the Epic since it was launched in 2009. It will be on the ship on your cruise. 

At the moment, NCL is not adding new shows. They are using guest performers on all of their ships. Guest performers have contracts from a few weeks to a few month (normally less than 5 weeks), so there is no good way of telling what will be on the ship on the week of your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

Don't forget those wonderful new "quiz shows".

I am concerned that ncl is killing a feature ( their shows) to spite their face. It’s the top reason I recommend them and that could change soon. Foolish to stop what they did so very very well. Hopefully another line will fill the gap they are leaving wide open.

• Like 4

I only see Royal Caribbean putting on the true Broadway shows because of their enormous ships. They do it great too but unless I’m traveling in a large family group with tons of kids, I now find RCCL not my cup of tea. Even in a suite. Costal Kitchen is mediocre. I too loved NCL’s real shows . The only one left that’s really great is Choir of Men.  

15 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Don't forget those wonderful new "quiz shows".

i have tried very hard to forget them.

thanks for reminding me!

it's not that the game shows are badly done. they're not. they're done exceedingly well. it's just not full-scale quality cruise ship entertainment. you could say NCL is pressing its luck, hoping that customers won't mind, when in fact many do. perhaps they'd feel differently if when purchasing their cruise, the price was right. but it rarely is.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, UKstages said:

thanks for reminding me!

it's not that the game shows are badly done. they're not. they're done exceedingly well. it's just not full-scale quality cruise ship entertainment. you could say NCL is pressing its luck, hoping that customers won't mind, when in fact many do. perhaps they'd feel differently if when purchasing their cruise, the price was right. but it rarely is.

NCL is finding all the ways to monetize the entertainment, from mini golf to darts and now the evening shows will be moving to the  "pay to play" arena.

13 minutes ago, UKstages said:

thanks for reminding me!

Darn. I wish they'd say lets make a deal with those Broadway style production rights.

But deal or no deal, it seems like it's a no to the big show. Sniff.

May the wheel of fortune not spin their way until they right this great wrong.

on the prima class ships, which have extensive miniature golf courses, complete with clowns and other true obstacles and bels and whistles... i believe they do charge. except for a time on the prima itself when the special features on the course weren't working and they let people play for free.

they also charge for darts.

chess is still free.

and, truth be told, you can find clowns in other parts of the ship, usually at the pool placing towels on lounge chairs at 6 am.

7 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Darn. I wish they'd say lets make a deal with those Broadway style production rights.

But deal or no deal, it seems like it's a no to the big show. Sniff.

May the wheel of fortune not spin their way until they right this great wrong.

For them the price is right...and we're all in jeopardy.

14 minutes ago, UKstages said:

on the prima class ships, which have extensive miniature golf courses, complete with clowns and other true obstacles and bels and whistles... i believe they do charge. except for a time on the prima itself when the special features on the course weren't working and they let people play for free.

they also charge for darts.

chess is still free.

and, truth be told, you can find clowns in other parts of the ship, usually at the pool placing towels on lounge chairs at 6 am.

One please...hold the clowns.

Beware the towel terrorists!