Fav way to spend your port day on Bimini ?

roupa

Considering a beach day during a Freeport stop, so wondering if it’s worth it to purchase an excursion to Resorts World during the port day on Bimini…with or without lunch… in order to do both the beach and pool?

Better to spend a couple of hours at a beach near the port?

A good day to enjoy a “quiet” pool day on board?

On 12/26/2023 at 3:41 PM, roupa said:

Considering a beach day during a Freeport stop, so wondering if it’s worth it to purchase an excursion to Resorts World during the port day on Bimini…with or without lunch… in order to do both the beach and pool?

Better to spend a couple of hours at a beach near the port?

A good day to enjoy a “quiet” pool day on board?

It's up to you of course but personally I would stay onboard in Bimini.  I really like freeport and hated Bimini so I'm biased.

We were in Bimini last week. It was our first time there. We spent $100 to rent a golf cart, drove it around a bit, parked at Radio Beach and had a very nice, relaxing beach day. It was great. My youngest daughter said it was one of her top 3 favorite "excursions" we've ever done. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 4:20 PM, jean87510 said:

It's up to you of course but personally I would stay onboard in Bimini.  I really like freeport and hated Bimini so I'm biased.

I'm with you, Jean.  Heavy winds meant a lot of folks were not comfortable on the beaches for long and the shopping is horrible.  The three souvenir shops were owned by the same person and the prices were sky high.  Nobody seemed to be buying anything.

After riding the tram, we were happy to be back on the ship.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:35 AM, MisterOJ2 said:

We were in Bimini last week. It was our first time there. We spent $100 to rent a golf cart, drove it around a bit, parked at Radio Beach and had a very nice, relaxing beach day. It was great. My youngest daughter said it was one of her top 3 favorite "excursions" we've ever done. 

$100 for a rental...last I read it was $60. I guess everything has gone up these days...

4 hours ago, snorkler8 said:

$100 for a rental...last I read it was $60. I guess everything has gone up these days...

that is exactly what I thought as I read this, but I just recently watched a video that stated it was 60 for a four seater and 90-100 for a 6 seater

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 4:26 PM, snorkler8 said:

We were quoted $150.  We took a $5 taxi.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 3:26 PM, snorkler8 said:

I think it's very negotiable. Probably depending on what ship is in port and what time you go by and how their day seems to be going. I feel like I probably could have gotten it a little cheaper if I haggled, but it was just easier to hand him a hundred dollar bill and be on my way.

• Like 1