Matt Baker as Cruise Director of EoS?

We went on a cruise April of 2005 and our cruise director was Matt Baker. I was wondering if he is still working for RCI and if so, on what ship? He was a riot. Hope he is not gone, it would be a shame!

When I was on the Mariner this past August, I was speaking with our Cruise director - James Andrews, I think was his name, not positive....But anyway, I had told him I sailed on the Enchantment and how much I loved Matt Baker, and James informed me that he was no longer with the company....Kind of made it sound like he had some sort of falling out with the company. So who knows!? But my BF and I loved Matt Baker! (Wiki Wiki Wile) :-) hehe! He was great!!! One that really put his heart and sole in to his job.

We went on a cruise April of 2005 and our cruise director was Matt Baker. I was wondering if he is still working for RCI and if so, on what ship? He was a riot. Hope he is not gone, it would be a shame!

Not that I know, but do you mean Enchantment or Explorer when you say EOS?

• 4 years later...

We sailed on Enchantment in Spet 2001. There was a guy that ran the Bingo games and he called himself BingoMatt. He also dressed as a very believable Austin Powers. Is this the same Matt as Matt Baker? He was sooo funny- we thought that he should have been the cruise director. Apparently sometime after that cruise he did become one. Good for him- I'm sure he was a great one!

I was also on the Enchantment last summer. Ditto that Matt Baker said he was going to Hollywood. He is funny and very talented.

Last summer? :confused: That's not possible.

Matt Baker was the Assistant Cruise Director on the Monarch back in 2001. He ran Bingo and was called "Bingo Matt." Then, he was the CD on Enchantment in 2002. On both ships, he was known for his Austin Powers impressions and opening the shows with his great harmonica playing. After that, he tried his luck in Hollywood and it didn't work out. He then went to work for NCL, as has been with them for several years now.

Archived