Move Up Terms and Conditions - seems like this has changed

Joker54

3 hours ago, flviking said:

We have bids in to move from a verandah to Aqua as well as all suites accepting bids.  Our understanding is that our classic bev would remain even if we get a RS.  Celebrity has a special to upgrade for $6.99 per day to premium so we bought that. In the past we upgraded from SS to RS so we already had premium drinks.  We did get the 2 bottles in room and unlimited specialty dining.

Again, we had the Classic package in our original booking. We purchased the $6.99 Premium package but they refunded when we went to the Royal Suite as it is an amenity of the Suite, same with WiFi

• Like 2

We're debating bidding on a SS from IV, but after reading the T&Cs and room description it seems pretty clear that the retreat and luminae would not be included if we were successful. We've reached out to celebrity to double check this, as it differs from info on this forum, but wording on the website does state that no benefits / perks are included. I hope this is not the case. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FionaL91 said:

We're debating bidding on a SS from IV, but after reading the T&Cs and room description it seems pretty clear that the retreat and luminae would not be included if we were successful. We've reached out to celebrity to double check this, as it differs from info on this forum, but wording on the website does state that no benefits / perks are included. I hope this is not the case. 

If you win a bid to a SS from a IV, you would get access to the Retreat and Luminae.  The only thing you would not get is the premium drink package and premium internet (unless you had already purchased them separately).  

With MoveUp, you get all the amenities of the room (Retreat, Luminae, Concierge, priority boarding, premium drinks in the Retreat Lounge/Michaels, etc.) but keep any perks of your original booking (wi-fi, internet, and OBC).  You also earn loyalty points at the rate of your original booking.

Edited by prmssk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 7:02 AM, prmssk said:

With MoveUp, you get all the amenities of the room (Retreat, Luminae, Concierge, priority boarding, premium drinks in the Retreat Lounge/Michaels, etc.) but keep any perks of your original booking (wi-fi, internet, and OBC).  You also earn loyalty points at the rate of your original booking.

I only quoted you because you used both terms which are where I'm having some discomfort about.

Amenity and Perk.

But my concern is the same as others...even after wading thru the various threads, because the wording is (the sentence where you must click the box before submitting your offer):

I acknowledge that I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking; no additional amenities will be added as the result of my upgrade (except for bids into Royal, Edge Villa, Penthouse, Reflection and Iconic Suites, which will receive amenity inclusion of the Premium Beverage Package and Premium Wifi).

Implying, it would seem, that I keep the amenities of my SS and get no additional amenities in the EV. (except the Premium stuff I already have...which they point out specifically without mentioning any other ones...)  

Appearing to say that I don't get the reserved theater seats, the laundry, unlimited specialty dining, etc.

I know other posters have said they did get them, and I believe them, but this wording bothers me...and with all the changes, my trust is lacking...

Now it makes no sense that one wouldn't get the extra bennies in a Move Up...because I certainly wouldn't pay *that* much more for the extra room and such...I just would like the wording to be a little more succinct...

Something like: If you are placing an offer to move up from an SS (or CS?) to a RS, EV, PS, or IC, you get all the amenities (perks?) of the upper suite except the CC points. 

Instead they say you get no additional amenities. Accentuating the negative instead of the positive...

Yeah, I'm probably overthinking this...

ETA: Yes, I know the quote pertained to an upgrade to an SS from an IV...

Edited by dlh015

simple.  You keep what came with your original booking.  ie.  If you had Classic beverage, that is what you have.  If you get an upgrade to say Sky Suite, you have access to Luminae and Michaels aka Retreat lounge and Retreat areas.     But… you do pay the difference in gratuities

23 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

simple.  You keep what came with your original booking.  ie.  If you had Classic beverage, that is what you have.  If you get an upgrade to say Sky Suite, you have access to Luminae and Michaels aka Retreat lounge and Retreat areas.     But… you do pay the difference in gratuities

Sorry...I posted that I am referring to an upgrade from a SS to a EV...

9 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Sorry...I posted that I am referring to an upgrade from a SS to a EV...

Check out posts 10, 17, and 25 for examples of people who moved up from a lower suite to an upper suite.  

The Move-Up language may not be super clear but a move-up to an upper suite gives you everything as if you had originally booked that suite except the CC points.  An upgrade from a SS to an EV would get you the free laundry, reserved seating, unlimited specialty dining, two liquor bottles and stocked mini bar, etc. plus the premium drink package (which you already have) and a 4 device premium wifi package per person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Check out posts 10, 17, and 25 for examples of people who moved up from a lower suite to an upper suite.  

The Move-Up language may not be super clear but a move-up to an upper suite gives you everything as if you had originally booked that suite except the CC points.  An upgrade from a SS to an EV would get you the free laundry, reserved seating, unlimited specialty dining, two liquor bottles and stocked mini bar, etc. plus the premium drink package (which you already have) and a 4 device premium wifi package per person.

Duh...I somehow missed 10 and 25...thanks...

I should have added that this sentence in the General Terms at also added to my paranoia...lol...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

The Upgrade will not be eligible to receive any promotions or benefits that are applicable to the stateroom had it been originally booked at that stateroom category. 

Edited by dlh015

I'm going to share something that is probably obvious to most people on this thread, but was very confusing for me for a while.  I didn't really understand what were perks and what were amenities, because in my mind they were just benefits associated with the room/category.

But I finally noticed the amenity description on the room and it kind of all came together.

So the things listed under the Stateroom amenities get included if you win the MoveUp bid:

image.png.5e3996e5675ba90518ba722840aaa4ed.png

And kind of by process of elimination, that probably means the Premium Drinks and Premium Wi-Fi is a perk... whether you get it because you initially book a Suite, or because you initially book an All-Included room (which would give you a Classic Drink package and a Basic Wi-Fi).

image.thumb.png.d61ed50d9d631a04ecb7eab4acdb4392.png

• Thanks 2

We are sailing on the Beyond soon.  Currently in an Aqua Class IV cabin.  If we win our move up bid to a Sky Suite or Aqua Class Sky Suite do we get free drinks in the Retreat Lounge AND the Retreat Sundeck bar, or just the lounge?  I know we do not get the premium drink package or the premium wi-fi (unless we purchase that separately)

TIA

1 hour ago, Otterman34 said:

We are sailing on the Beyond soon.  Currently in an Aqua Class IV cabin.  If we win our move up bid to a Sky Suite or Aqua Class Sky Suite do we get free drinks in the Retreat Lounge AND the Retreat Sundeck bar, or just the lounge?  I know we do not get the premium drink package or the premium wi-fi (unless we purchase that separately)

TIA

Just the Lounge. (Not on the Sundeck and not in Luminae.)

• Like 1

We're sailing on Edge on Feb 15. We successfully bid on moving up from a Sunset Veranda to a Sunset Sky Suite. We already have All-In from our original booking, and I know that carries over. We checked in prior to the move to a suite. Since we now have priority boarding as part of our suite amenities, can we ignore our 2:30pm arrival at the port and just show up when we want (meaning earlier)?

We also reserved four nights in Specialty Restaurants and paid for it. We'll keep these. We reserved the six other nights in the MDR venues. Since we'll likely use Luminae now, should I cancel those six MDR reservations now or wait until we are on board?

Thanks,

Kevin

Edited by kml246

8 hours ago, kml246 said:

We're sailing on Edge on Feb 15. We successfully bid on moving up from a Sunset Veranda to a Sunset Sky Suite. We already have All-In from our original booking, and I know that carries over. We checked in prior to the move to a suite. Since we now have priority boarding as part of our suite amenities, can we ignore our 2:30pm arrival at the port and just show up when we want (meaning earlier)?

We also reserved four nights in Specialty Restaurants and paid for it. We'll keep these. We reserved the six other nights in the MDR venues. Since we'll likely use Luminae now, should I cancel those six MDR reservations now or wait until we are on board?

Thanks,

Kevin

Wouldnt  it make common sense to cancel your MDR reservation so someone else can use that time 🤔😁

8 hours ago, kml246 said:

Thanks,

Kevin

Congratulations on winning your bid!

Yes, you can show up when you want.

And yes I would cancel your MDR reservations.  I would probably do it now in the cruise planner in case the Edge is actually making use of the reservation system (with Edge class ships, there doesn't seem to be consistency in whether they only take walk-ups or use the reservation system).  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Congratulations on winning your bid!

Yes, you can show up when you want.

And yes I would cancel your MDR reservations.  I would probably do it now in the cruise planner in case the Edge is actually making use of the reservation system (with Edge class ships, there doesn't seem to be consistency in whether they only take walk-ups or use the reservation system).  

Thank you. First time in Luminae so I wasn't sure about the walk-up for dinner. On Princess, Club Class Dining never had a wait. Good to hear the same with Celebrity. I will cancel the reservations to free them up for others. 

Kevin