Suite Guarantee Reservation Questions

creativeroutes

Just booked a suite guarantee on the Ascent but the information pages seem incorrect as they mention getting a private butler. If anyone has personal experience wiith a suite guarantee we would love your feedback. We have already made the final payment, when can we expect an assignment. Anyone get assigned a suite and have it changed? Also would like to know once you are assigned a specific suite, are you able to ask for a different suite of the same or lesser value if available. Thank you for any information you have about this!

image.png

Upper suites (Royal and above) will enjoy assigned butlers. The "personalized butler service" advertised for lower suites will be provided by The Retreat butler team.

When I booked suite guarantees in the past, suite assignment took a couple of days. Having said that, I've heard from others on this board of a longer period of time until assignment, so YMMV.

I've changed a guaranteed suite after assignment, for another one in the same category that was available.

I cannot imagine the reason to ask to be assigned to a suite of lesser value; I've never done that myself, but in theory it should be possible.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

We did one suite guarantee but was on a Millennium class ship, not Edge class. Got assigned a handicap accessible sky suite and could not change to a 'regular' sky suite, even though there were regular ones still available. Fought the water all over the bathroom floor after showering...ugh.  Will never do a guarantee again! Guess we weren't one of the 'lucky' ones when getting a good suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

Assume you will get a sky suite. They consider the ‘retreat team’ the same as a butler. Presumably you got a good deal. Not sure why you would wait until you booked to ask if a ‘private’ butler was important 

Not important at all just didn’t know if the other items were accurate! Thank you