Open Letter to Celebrity: I'm Extremely Disappointed with how your staff handled our multiracial family at check in.

wahooker

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

There seems to be a growing trend toward making innocent people prove they aren't doing anything wrong. It is scary how many people seem to think that the OP should have had to give a lengthy explanation and essentially justify having the gall to travel as a biracial family without preparing to meet absurd challenges. America really shouldn't be that way.

Well said. It's as if some repliers think we should have to prove our "innocence." This is deeply troubling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To the OP: 

I'm so sorry that your family trip was disrupted by this unexpected unpleasantness and that your daughter (and your entire family) was understandably distressed. 

Ultimately, it doesn't matter who's employee(s) created this snafu. They were representing the cruise company and ultimately, Celebrity needs to respond appropriately. 

I hope you share Celebrity's response and that an apology is prominently included.

Period.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

what? OP wasn't a lone white man traveling with an Asian teen girl.

Parents with their 4 kids, all with US passports, traveling as a family. How is that not clear?

Now, now.... don't let troubling things like facts get in the way of people's assumptions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3