Happy 2024 and thank you all, you are hilarious

maggielou362

Well, it's 15 minutes short of 2024 here in Sydney and I have been enjoying some Australian wine and reading lots of posts, old and new, on the Cunard discussion board in preparation for my upcoming QM2 voyage in six weeks. You are all so clever, witty, sharp and hilarious, I have had to stop "liking" and "laughing" in response, as there are too many of you with fabulous dry senses of humour and erudite comments.

Thanks for all the information and amusement, and thanks to Host Hattie also.

I don't participate in social media but I am so enjoying reading all of your wonderful contributions, I have become somewhat of a keyboard/discussion board junkie.

Long may you all sail on Cunard, and all the best for 2024. Thank you all.

Edited by maggielou362
typo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Maggielou362,

As I write this you are already more than 3 hours into 2024. How is the year going so far? Is it shaping up to be better than 2023? If it's not going well, I still have time to catch a flight to California and get an extra 2 more hours in 2023 (hmmm, let me rethink that). What's the next "BIG Thing" in 2024 that I can invest in while it's still 2023 here in Chicago? 

Thanks for being the first person I've talked to in the future, 2024. 

All the best for the New Year

Jack

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

HNY!  2023 was a great year for me for this was the first year finding and following CC. I also am not a fan of social media so I agree with @maggielou362 that this site is full of special people and worthwhile commentary. I appreciate that Cunard lets me enjoy ocean travel in a calm and sophisticated manner. I feel like I am at sea on a Cunard vessel and not on  a floating mall or resort that I can find on land. 
I’m also glad that I can add my 2013 picture of QE while onboard in Nessubur, Bulgaria to the list of Unseen Ports. 

• Like 6

Sorry, @Jack E Dawson, my gift of foresight affords me only one hot tip: book as many Cunard sailings as you can! That's my sage advice, but you already knew that one, as did everyone else here. 2024 is going well thus far, I have TWO Cunard voyages booked for this year. No floating theme parks or RSL clubs for me, it will be proper ocean travel as @NE John describes. 

• Like 2