Magical Christmas Insignia Cruise

FeliciaLee

There have been a few comments here lately about the average age of O passengers, most assuming that Caribbean cruises skew older. I heard the same thing from first timers on Insignia in Dec 2023.

After 12 cruises on O this hasn't been my experience. Caribbean cruises I've been on actually skew average or younger-than-average for O. I've seen oldest average age on TAs and youngest on shorter summer Med itineraries. 

I'm 50-something and the average age of other passengers hasn't had a big impact on my cruise experience. 

But if you think the O Caribbean crowd is too old for you, choose your next itinerary carefully lol. 

What have others seen for younger vs older by itinerary type on O? 

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

There have been a few comments here lately about the average age of O passengers, most assuming that Caribbean cruises skew older. I heard the same thing from first timers on Insignia in Dec 2023.

After 12 cruises on O this hasn't been my experience. Caribbean cruises I've been on actually skew average or younger-than-average for O. I've seen oldest average age on TAs and youngest on shorter summer Med itineraries. 

I'm 50-something and the average age of other passengers hasn't had a big impact on my cruise experience. 

But if you think the O Caribbean crowd is too old for you, choose your next itinerary carefully lol. 

What have others seen for younger vs older by itinerary type on O? 

On our London-London 10 day UK cruise onboard Riviera Aug-Sept 2023, definitely older crowd many with walkers/wheelchairs requiring assistance. In September 2022 LA-LA 10 day Pacific coast cruise onboard Regatta, also an older crowd.  Prior to this, sailed UK, Australia-NZ, Med and Baltic between 12 and 14 days and age bracket was definitely much younger and don't recall ever seeing walkers/wheelchairs. Haven't sailed Caribbean in a very long time and wasn't on Oceania. 

Felicia, it was great to meet you and Glen. We enjoyed our first cruise tremendously, and hope you put those couple of extra Big O points to good use!

I'll be posting our impressions of Insignia shortly. Happy New Year!

- Renee and David

• Like 2