FTTF Question

Posted (edited)

We booked two cabins on the Carnival Sunrise in June 2024 out of Miami. One cabin is for my husband and I and the other is for our two sons ages 19 and 12. 

Are we required to purchase FTTF for both cabins, or can we just purchase it for one? I feel that if this is allowed, we can just put all of the luggage in our cabin until the other one is ready. I just wasn't sure if we would all be able to check in together, or if our kids would have to check in separately. This is our first cruise on Carnival. We've previous cruised on RCCL. Thanks in advance for any information. 😀

Edited by luv2cruise1920
Adding

What mz-s said is correct as far as them having the FTTF privileges.

However.... The kids will still be able to board priority with you since in Carnivals eyes they're minors. Prior to becoming platinum we always purchased FTTF and we always put our kids in their own cabin. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

However.... The kids will still be able to board priority with you since in Carnivals eyes they're minors. Prior to becoming platinum we always purchased FTTF and we always put our kids in their own cabin. 

Not if the port staff are following Carnival's policies (which in reality is hit or miss on any given day).  The 19 year old is an adult, therefore the second room doesn't "inherit" the parents' FTTF priority because its occupants are not all minor children.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Not if the port staff are following Carnival's policies (which in reality is hit or miss on any given day).  The 19 year old is an adult, therefore the second room doesn't "inherit" the parents' FTTF priority because its occupants are not all minor children.

My post was just based on my experience getting FTTF from the time we started cruising until the time we became platinum, and also what we were told directly from Carnival on multiple occasions. I know it applies to Miami, Port Everglades (when they sailed from there), Charleston, Norfolk, Baltimore, and Port Canaveral. Any other port I cannot say what they do.

23 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

My post was just based on my experience getting FTTF from the time we started cruising until the time we became platinum, and also what we were told directly from Carnival on multiple occasions. I know it applies to Miami, Port Everglades (when they sailed from there), Charleston, Norfolk, Baltimore, and Port Canaveral. Any other port I cannot say what they do.

Actually, Carnival treats this different from Platinums or Diamonds with all minor children in another room, and says you have to buy FTTF for all rooms:

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

From FAQs at

https://www.carnival.com/faster-to-the-fun

• Like 3

Since they are under 21 years you are responsible for them and they will have to board with you. since you have FTTF they will get to use the benefit of boarding at the same time. there may be other benefits they will not get but because of the age they have to board with you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, volfan22701 said:

Since they are under 21 years you are responsible for them and they will have to board with you. since you have FTTF they will get to use the benefit of boarding at the same time. there may be other benefits they will not get but because of the age they have to board with you.

Exactly. 

3 minutes ago, volfan22701 said:

Not if the port staff are following Carnival's rules.  Piggybacking priority boarding off the parents only applies to Platinum, Diamond, and Suite (not FTTF) priority boarding and only when all the kids are minors (under 18, not under 21).

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Actually, Carnival treats this different from Platinums or Diamonds with all minor children in another room, and says you have to buy FTTF for all rooms:

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

From FAQs at

https://www.carnival.com/faster-to-the-fun