Onboard credit was available in my online account 2 weeks ago but is missing now

I have a cruise departing in 88 days. (First RCL Cruise) 2 weeks ago I had $250 of onboard credit listed in the top right corner of the RoyalCaribbean.com website. ($150 was their promotion and $100 is a stockholder credit) Anyway, I logged in today and the $150 is gone. I haven't changed my reservation and I have nothing in my order history. I'm going to assume my only option is to give my TA a call? It's through my credit card and takes hours...

Another question, I booked an "Ocean View Balcony Guarantee" room. We're now past the final payment deadline and of course the price dropped. It's $800 less to book an "Ocean View Balcony" where I can select the room and not risk obstructed. I know it's unlikely that I'll get anything for the $800 price drop but can I "upgrade" to the non guarantee room at no cost?

57 minutes ago, smashedpumpkins said:

I have a cruise departing in 88 days. (First RCL Cruise) 2 weeks ago I had $250 of onboard credit listed in the top right corner of the RoyalCaribbean.com website. ($150 was their promotion and $100 is a stockholder credit) Anyway, I logged in today and the $150 is gone. I haven't changed my reservation and I have nothing in my order history. I'm going to assume my only option is to give my TA a call? It's through my credit card and takes hours...

Another question, I booked an "Ocean View Balcony Guarantee" room. We're now past the final payment deadline and of course the price dropped. It's $800 less to book an "Ocean View Balcony" where I can select the room and not risk obstructed. I know it's unlikely that I'll get anything for the $800 price drop but can I "upgrade" to the non guarantee room at no cost?

Yes you can upgrade to the next open category and if its lower no cost, or pay the difference. Sorry you missed the price drop. 

Yes you will have to get hold of your booking agent to find out where the promotional $150 obc went.

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 9:53 AM, firefly333 said:

Yes you can upgrade to the next open category and if its lower no cost, or pay the difference. Sorry you missed the price drop. 

Yes you will have to get hold of your booking agent to find out where the promotional $150 obc went.

After spending hours on the phone, Royal Caribbean is blowing me off.

The longer story is that I originally booked the cruise with no onboard credit. I rebooked it 2 weeks ago at a lower price with $225 onboard credit promotion. (My original post said $150 but it was a $225 credit) The credit showed up after my rebooking and later disappeared but they keep insisting it was the rebooking that made me lose the credit. The credit that never existed on the 1st booking.

Really bad first experience with RCL.

Edited by smashedpumpkins

I can't edit my last post but I just wrapped up the call after pushing further. After my TA talked to a new representative and supervisor we were finally told that the new booking didn't qualify for some reason and the system retroactively removed the onboard credit. What a switcharoo... 

Also I tried to "upgrade" to the regular balcony room and despite it being $600 cheaper online right now (was $800 cheaper yesterday), they wanted to charge me $300+.

Really lame all around.

4 hours ago, smashedpumpkins said:

The longer story is that I originally booked the cruise with no onboard credit. I rebooked it 2 weeks ago at a lower price with $225 onboard credit promotion. (My original post said $150 but it was a $225 credit) The credit showed up after my rebooking and later disappeared but they keep insisting it was the rebooking that made me lose the credit. The credit that never existed on the 1st booking.

Some of the promotions are for "new bookings only". Don't know if that's what the case is with you, but possible.

7 hours ago, smashedpumpkins said:

I had the most awful time trying to get the 100 OBC I had earned on a cruise years ago. In the end it hadn’t been worth my time but I pursued it more out of principle bc they outright refused to give it. I finally got a flyer off of here from someone that showed the promo and I got it. Ironically we cancelled that cruise in the end.

14 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Some of the promotions are for "new bookings only". Don't know if that's what the case is with you, but possible.

I suppose so but the onboard credit was already in my account. What if I had already spent it? It was there for at least a week. To retroactively remove a credit that was being advertised, that I was being told I would receive, and that I did receive, is just bad practice.

11 hours ago, moesyk4 said:

I had the most awful time trying to get the 100 OBC I had earned on a cruise years ago. In the end it hadn’t been worth my time but I pursued it more out of principle bc they outright refused to give it. I finally got a flyer off of here from someone that showed the promo and I got it. Ironically we cancelled that cruise in the end.

This is the downside of using my credit card company as a TA. They won't let me conference in with the RCL rep so I must rely on them to be pushy. I suppose I could call again but of course these calls somehow always take hours.

• Like 1