Hamilton - 2 nights, 1 full day

Rebels82

We will be docking in Hamilton 2 nights and 1 full day in April. Are there any nice places to walk? 
What are suggestions to do with ship docking in Hamilton?

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

We will be docking in Hamilton 2 nights and 1 full day in April. Are there any nice places to walk? 

Hamilton, along Front Street where you'll dock, is full of shops and restaurants. Some are more touristy than others. A short walk down form where your ship will be is the Hamilton Princess Hotel which is a local landmark and has several very good restaurants and bars as well as a nice afternoon tea. Hamilton is a small town but is fun to explore for a few hours. 

34 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

What are suggestions to do with ship docking in Hamilton?

You can really do anything on the island-- you are pretty much in the middle. My suggestion, especially if it is your first time to Bermuda, would be to take a Blue Flag taxi tour (specially licensed drivers) for a 3-4 jaunt around the island so you can see a good portion of it. There is a LOT more to Bermuda than downtown Hamilton. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, OceanBlue123 said:

My favorite place to walk in that area is Fort Hamilton.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/profile/fort-hamilton/961

I didn't post a link to this article as a topic since it has not been appoved yet but there is a proposal to do upgrades at Fort Hamilton. https://www.royalgazette.com/general/news/article/20231220/revitalisation-of-fort-hamilton-gets-planning-approval/   It is still a good place to visit without the proposed upgrades. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2024 at 9:13 AM, princeton123211 said:

You can really do anything on the island-- you are pretty much in the middle. My suggestion, especially if it is your first time to Bermuda, would be to take a Blue Flag taxi tour (specially licensed drivers) for a 3-4 jaunt around the island so you can see a good portion of it. There is a LOT more to Bermuda than downtown Hamilton. 

How much are Blue Flag tours?

51 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Last time I checked it was $50 an hour for up to 4 passengers with a 3 hour minimum. Plus tip. You can get a bigger car for up to 7 passengers for $70 an hour. 

It is the overall number of passengers that count. So 1-4 passengers is $50 a hour.  5-7 passengers is $70 an hour. Plus tip. There is a 25% surcharge on Sundays and Holidays for 1-4 and a 75% surcharge on Sundays and holidays for 5-7. They have not changed the fare yet but increases are coming possibly later this year.

Edited by Charles4515

• 3 weeks later...