TV on the Apex

Hilaurennn

Posted (edited)

Hi All, I've asked this in an older thread but thought a new topic may help others and gain more responses!

We are going to be on the apex in an infinite veranda room and we'd like to know about the TV. Is it possible to cast from my phone to the TV? Or will I need to a hdmi cable/laptop? 

Thank you

Lauren 

Edited by Hilaurennn
Adding detail

Will be interesting to see the responses.   When I was on Edge recently in a CS there was an option available on them Main Menu for Streaming to TV.   I tried it and it worked ok but a bit laggy.

Same ship but upgrded to a RS on the next cruise and on both TV's the option was missing.   There is a streaming option if you get into the menu to select port but could not get it to connect.   

I use HDMI for the best experience personally. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BobbM81 said:

There was a cast option on our Beyond cruise in March. It took about 5 minutes of lagging before it would load but worked great. 

Would you happen to know if casting is enabled for both Apple products and Android devices?

39 minutes ago, Mrdell said:

Would you happen to know if casting is enabled for both Apple products and Android devices?

I can only speak to Apple but I can’t see how an android device would have an issue. I know Android’s can cast 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbM81 said:

I can only speak to Apple but I can’t see how an android device would have an issue. I know Android’s can cast 

Having an iPad and an iPhone, this is incredibly good news!! Souds a little bit easier than fishing HDMI cables in the back of the TV.... although I've done this many times 😊.... Is there a pop up menu to enable casting?

3 hours ago, Mrdell said:

Prior to the link on the main screen the other link on the port option page was really designed for Android and had lots of trouble trying to connect using Apple.   With the casting I was able to connect my ibm pc using Cast feature when casted my desktop.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hilaurennn said:

Hi All, I've asked this in an older thread but thought a new topic may help others and gain more responses!

We are going to be on the apex in an infinite veranda room and we'd like to know about the TV. Is it possible to cast from my phone to the TV? Or will I need to a hdmi cable/laptop? 

Thank you

Lauren 

My son could cast from his phone and iPad to the TV on our cruise in December.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1