Pre-book Clamshell in Amber Cove and Grand Turk?

Is it possible to reserve either a clamshell or a beach umbrella before sailing?  I don't see any option to do this in the "Excursions" offerings for my upcoming cruise.  If not, how is the natural shade situation there?  Trees or no?  Thanks for any info.

4 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

No.  Mardi Gras in February.  BTW, enjoyed your recent trip report.  We will be in Northern Italy in May.

Thanks!!  I'm jealous of your Italy trip😁 how long, where in Italy and is there a cruise too?

Posted (edited)

A month.  Milano, Lake Como, Bologna, 10 day Celebrity cruise out of Ravenna (mostly Croatian ports).  First cruise ends in Rome after a stop for Amalfi, switch ships to NCL Viva, then Livorno, 2 ports in France, 5 ports in Spain, Gibraltar, ending in Lisbon.  A bit on the fence about dropping the second cruise and spending the time in Genova, Nice and Switzerland instead.

Edited by Travelling2Some
spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

A month.  Milano, Lake Como, Bologna, 10 day Celebrity cruise out of Ravenna (mostly Croatian ports).  First cruise ends in Rome after a stop for Amalfi, switch ships to NCL Viva, then Livorno, 2 ports in France, 5 ports in Spain, Gibraltar, ending in Lisbon.  A bit on the fence about dropping the second cruise and spending the time in Genova, Nice and Switzerland instead.

Awesome!! I have a friend who lives in Switzerland and I would love to see her and the Alps. Plus I loved the book "Heidi" when I was a child and my dream is to sit in an alpine field eating a hunk of bread with cheese melted on it.  Throw in some goats and my hair in braided pig tails and that would be perfect!😍 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mz-s said:

There isn't a beach at Amber Cove, and the beach at Grand Turk doesn't have clamshells.

I know Amber Cove just has the pool but can I assume they have umbrellas or some kind of shade?  Shade is my main interest.  I don't actually even like beaches, lol.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Awesome!! I have a friend who lives in Switzerland and I would love to see her and the Alps. Plus I loved the book "Heidi" when I was a child and my dream is to sit in an alpine field eating a hunk of bread with cheese melted on it.  Throw in some goats and my hair in braided pig tails and that would be perfect!😍 

Great you have a friend there as hotel rates are truly hideous!  I think we'll be eating out of the Coop, lol.  Alas, I am way too old for the pigtails!

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I know Amber Cove just has the pool but can I assume they have umbrellas or some kind of shade?  Shade is my main interest.  I don't actually even like beaches, lol.

There are some shaded loungers off to the side, but they're not near the pool if that matters to you. If you want an umbrella, you can rent umbrellas from the port I think they're $20 for the day but I am not certain.

• Thanks 1

Off topic a bit, but related to Amber Cove.

Does anybody have any information on the VIP area located in the central part of the pool?  There are packages for nicer loungers and umbrellas.  There are also a few in-water loungers i believe.  I've been looking for information on booking details (how to book), and pricing.

Thanks!

We were in Amber Cove this past October. You can rent an umbrella when you enter the pool area.  I believe they're $20.00.  You pick out the area and loungers you want and they set up the umbrella. We also tipped the attendant.

You cant rent an area in the VIP section.  When we were there, it was $200. for six people, kids were included in that price, and you would get free WIFI, cushioned loungers, 4 noodle floats, 2 floaties, and ziplining. 

Not sure if that was a special for a specific time of year or just the regular price.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The cabanas at Amber Cove (ocean, poolside, and hillside are all offered) are upwards of $500. It's a little rich for my blood, but many folks book them.

You can get an attendant, poolside, to set an umbrella up for about $20 per day.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

The cabanas at Amber Cove (ocean, poolside, and hillside are all offered) are upwards of $500. It's a little rich for my blood, but many folks book them.

You can get an attendant, poolside, to set an umbrella up for about $20 per day.

If past experience is anything to go by, what will really happen is that after 15 minutes of sitting in the beating sun enduring the loud music I will wander off to the great indoors anyway!  I figured I might better stick it out with a clamshell but an umbrella probably won't be enough.  I keep pointing out to my husband, the beach lover, that I am obviously a genetic forest dweller, lol. 

4 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

I should have clarified that I am not asking about the VIP cabanas. There is a VIP area with just loungers and umbrellas. 

any info would be greatly appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

If past experience is anything to go by, what will really happen is that after 15 minutes of sitting in the beating sun enduring the loud music I will wander off to the great indoors anyway!  I figured I might better stick it out with a clamshell but an umbrella probably won't be enough.  I keep pointing out to my husband, the beach lover, that I am obviously a genetic forest dweller, lol. 

We will be in Amber Cove in a week. I have Fricolandia booked through Carnival.  I’ll report about it in my LIVE review👍IMG_4539.thumb.jpeg.31bd3327ca95a461b2e82a7030ee8756.jpeg

• Thanks 1