Recent COVID experience onboard

foze

8 minutes ago, foze said:

Boots in the UK has a great big display of them right inside the front door. Another one of those things where you don't know when you've got it so good! We're off to Oz and then an Antarctic cruise in a month. We have 10 test kits! Wouldn't want to give COVID to the penguins and capybaras! (can't be too careful...) 

lol save the penguins!

Yeah we had strict rules on travel and each province had their own rules, but when testing kits became available in other countries the government really dragged their feet here on making it available (honestly it just became stupid after a while with how restricted we were compared to other countries)

• Like 1

I sailed on Celebrity Beyond in December and noticed quite a few people coughing and sneezing and not covering their mouths.  I also noticed quite a few sick hosts/hostesses and wait staff in the dining rooms.  I wore a mask the majority of the time and noticed others wearing one.  A retail clerk in one of the ship's shops told me that several crew members had COVID and management wouldn't allow staff to wear masks. I overheard a woman tell her partner that she had told others in their group that she had COVID.  Fortunately, I didn't get it!  I will continue to cruise but will wear a mask when I'm in a crowd.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RichYak said:

Like everyone else posting here (unless they've tested daily), I have no idea how many times I've have covid. The one time I know I had it, my only symptom was the extra pink line on my antigen test that kept me from flying home to the USA from Europe in 2021. 

I am right there with you. I only found out by taking the test after not being able to sleep all night. I thought it was out of the ordinary. So, it kept us from flying home from Europe to the US, only ours was in the spring of 2022 just 3 weeks before the 10 day period was lifted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laedw said:

I sailed on Celebrity Beyond in December and noticed quite a few people coughing and sneezing and not covering their mouths.  I also noticed quite a few sick hosts/hostesses and wait staff in the dining rooms.  I wore a mask the majority of the time and noticed others wearing one.  A retail clerk in one of the ship's shops told me that several crew members had COVID and management wouldn't allow staff to wear masks. I overheard a woman tell her partner that she had told others in their group that she had COVID.  Fortunately, I didn't get it!  I will continue to cruise but will wear a mask when I'm in a crowd.  

Summary: the same thing I experienced. COVID is just another cold/flu. Ho hum. Get norovirus, though and watch them go to work. Priorities, I guess!

• Like 1

I believe there are several variants, but yes right off the bat there were two shots for most brands.

Most shots since then have been boosters but not really getting the newest variant, I think the most recent shot was to tackle newer variants though.

I think I've had about 4 shots - I didn't get one in the summer but Dec 23 and Dec 22 for example so right for cold/flu season along with my flu shot.

• Like 1