Two QG dinner seatings on Queen Anne, or one?

islanderr

I am booked on the Queen Anne cruise of Northern Europe and Scandinavia, starting June 30. Quite excited as you can imagine.

I was surprised to see as I booked this online that the default dinner seating was early (6 p.m.) We're in the Queen's Grill and from our previous two Cunard cruises, we had the freedom to show up at whatever time we liked (within the overall dinner hours). Does anyone know if they are in fact creating two seatings on Queen Anne? 

It seems to me a technical glitch is far more likely than such a major change, especially as single seating dining is a brochure promise. Worry not. Cunard is brilliant, their IT is dismal.

Posted (edited)

We are in PG for the QA maiden, and our booking shows us as being 48th on the waitlist for the PG dining room which I am hoping is yet another computer glitch.

Edited by safarigal

22 minutes ago, s.s.France said:

Thats just a booking system indication glitch. Seen it often booking QG any ship.

Would it be naive to think that someone at Cunard might have seen it often and thought it worth getting it fixed? Wouldn’t that be sort of normal?

• Like 1

We have 2 Grill voyages booked on QA and  another on QV.   On QA invoices it says “first sitting” confirmed: re QV it says confirmed QG. Almost certain that this type of info has always been be stated on booking confirmation. Have no fear, the anytime dining with your own table is what people pay a premium for and expect. If this was to go by the board, Cunard would be saying goodbye to some very loyal high paying passengers!

• Like 1

My PG Suite details for Alaska on My Cunard shows my dining:

Cunard Fare

Main dining room.

I’m not too concerned with any  weird stuff via the Cunard online ecosystem.