port arrival-St Martin Legend

sadiem

We will arriving to port on a day when 6 boats are scheduled to arrive- ours and 2 others are scheduled for 7am, then two at 8am and one at 11am. We need to get to the zip line before the RC boat at 8am. How is it determined who gets to dock vs tender? Ship size or time. If it's time how close to 7am will we actually dock. Thanks so much

Wow! Six ships? When we docked last week there were only 2 and it was busy enough then. The traffic will be insane. I don't know how they decide who tenders and who doesn't. You're lucky you're docking first. I'd hate to be the 11am ship. Get off and away as soon as you can and head back early.

The harbor master decides who goes where. Also sometimes it is dependant upon ship size. Some docks cannot handle the larger vessels, so they have to tender.

In addition to the six you know about there may be others, though they will be smaller but include Sea Dream Yacht club, Wind Star, Seabourne, Windjammer, etc. It will be a busy day.

I agree - it will be a zoo. Usually the calendars that show who is in port that day do not include some of the smaller ones.

As far as docking at 7:00 - while on the Serenade last Nov. we were scheduled for 7 a.m. docking. however you actually get there earlier - pulling into port between 6-6:30 but they must secure the ship, harbor master must come aboard and ok everything.....etc etc. IF all goes well you should be able to get off around 7 or shortly after. We opted instead to have breakfast on our balcony and had our rental car waiting for a 9 am pickup....

I also agree - head back early. You can always shop at the pier.

Archived