Paradise Beach All Inclusive really necessary?

awtorrey

Hello. We are going to be in Cozumel in a few weeks and I would like to know if the All Inclusive reservation really necessary? We have been there several times and have always done a la carte.  Has something changed? We don't drink and sometimes only spend a few hours at the beach.  But I don't want to get turned away.  Any recent experiences and or thoughts are appreciated.  

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, awtorrey said:

Hello. We are going to be in Cozumel in a few weeks and I would like to know if the All Inclusive reservation really necessary? We have been there several times and have always done a la carte.  Has something changed? We don't drink and sometimes only spend a few hours at the beach.  But I don't want to get turned away.  Any recent experiences and or thoughts are appreciated.  

Yes things have changed depending on when you last went, and they are pushing AI.

A while back people were reporting it was full but not so many reports recently. IF I wanted to go there I would probably risk it unless it was March. 

You can phone before going to check availability. There have been reports of taxi drivers telling you it is full without a reservation. I suspect their kickback has changed.

I would have a backup plan in case you arrive and it is full. I am not sure I would want to stay anyway if it is full but that’s just me, I like quieter places where I don’t have to listen to my neighbors. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1