Are there still any 'themed nights' ?

Presto2

I probably know the answer to this, but we are trying to get out heads around packing for next week (gulp) and am wondering if there are any themed nights on the Caribbean cruises on Britannia. E.g. a black and white night or Caribbean themed night.

We are all sorted for formal wear, but thought we'd double check just incase .......

Thanks as ever, us Prestos

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I probably know the answer to this, but we are trying to get out heads around packing for next week (gulp) and am wondering if there are any themed nights on the Caribbean cruises on Britannia. E.g. a black and white night or Caribbean themed night.

We are all sorted for formal wear, but thought we'd double check just incase .......

Highly likely a Caribbean night with deck party, lots of men usually wear Caribbean shirts on non formal nights, Mrs YP has a couple of Caribbean style flowery dresses. Usually one of the formal nights is black and white. We have had 60's nights in the past but they seem a bit hit and miss. It should tell you on cruise personaliser?

13 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Highly likely a Caribbean night with deck party, lots of men usually wear Caribbean shirts on non formal nights, Mrs YP has a couple of Caribbean style flowery dresses. Usually one of the formal nights is black and white. We have had 60's nights in the past but they seem a bit hit and miss. It should tell you on cruise personaliser?

Hi we have Caribbean stuff from school dressing up .. don't ask ... so that's fine.

Just says black tie on the personalised and no other info. Haven't been on a cruise with a black and white night for a while so wasn't sure if they do them any more.

43 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We are on the same cruise I have packed my 4 Carribean shirts which I wear whether celebration nights or not

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi we have Caribbean stuff from school dressing up .. don't ask ... so that's fine.

Just says black tie on the personalised and no other info. Haven't been on a cruise with a black and white night for a while so wasn't sure if they do them any more.

To us black and white isn't much different to any formal night, especially for me as I would usually wear either a black or white dinner jacket with black or white dress shirt and Mrs YP has a couple of black dresses which she would wear a white shawl with, plus she has a nice Black and white dress. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

We are on the same cruise I have packed my 4 Carribean shirts which I wear whether celebration nights or not

Hi, thinking more of some of the silly stuff we have --- don't ask, long story. 🙂

Never been on a Caribbean cruise so we feel like newbies all over again !

Not long to go now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, thinking more of some of the silly stuff we have --- don't ask, long story. 🙂

Never been on a Caribbean cruise so we feel like newbies all over again !

Not long to go now.

I always think the first Caribbean cruise is special, ours was a once in a lifetime cruise, or so we thought at the time, now we go at least every other year in winter the round trips from Southampton are great.

• Thanks 1

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

I always think the first Caribbean cruise is special, ours was a once in a lifetime cruise, or so we thought at the time, now we go at least every other year in winter the round trips from Southampton are great.

This is our joint retirement and my 60th .. plus the 60th birthday cruise hubby missed in Covid .. cruise so really special in many ways. I just hear the Death in Paradise theme tune all the time !!!!

Still hasn't hit home we are actually going on holiday in term time for the first time in 60 yrs so feels a bit surreal....

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

This is our joint retirement and my 60th .. plus the 60th birthday cruise hubby missed in Covid .. cruise so really special in many ways. I just hear the Death in Paradise theme tune all the time !!!!

Still hasn't hit home we are actually going on holiday in term time for the first time in 60 yrs so feels a bit surreal....

I am sure you will enjoy it and a great way to celebrate.

I wanted to celebrate my 60th birthday on a Caribbean cruise but spent it recovering from major surgery instead.

6 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I am sure you will enjoy it and a great way to celebrate.

I wanted to celebrate my 60th birthday on a Caribbean cruise but spent it recovering from major surgery instead.

Oh no ... we have had many holidays cancelled since 2020 ......

Praying this is the right time for this cruise. 

It's been so manic since we finished work that it all seems unreal. Think it is finally sinking in ..

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We’re also having our first Caribbean cruise on Britannia in February so will be interested to see how you get on and what the evening events are so we can pack sensibly.

1 minute ago, Thedonkeycentrehalf said:

We’re also having our first Caribbean cruise on Britannia in February so will be interested to see how you get on and what the evening events are so we can pack sensibly.

Will let you know. Won't be doing a cruise diary / blog --- hubby would throw me overboard --- but will make sure we do a good long review and are on the end of any questions when we get back 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I don't think Black &White is specified any more, they seem to have opted for terms like Gala and Celebtation or just plain Captains welcome aboard party.

• Thanks 1